Author Topic: I’m not ready for a world where Arizona has two Democratic senators  (Read 2848 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I’m not ready for a world where Arizona has two Democratic senators

AllahpunditPosted at 1:31 pm on August 20, 2019

Yeah, yeah, I know: “They had two Democratic senators when McCain and Flake were there.” Har dee har.

The dirty little secret about Maverick and Flake is that they almost always voted with Trump and McConnell. There was one enormous exception to that rule, when McCain voted no on ObamaCare repeal, but on most legislative matters and judicial confirmations they were on the team.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2019/08/20/im-not-ready-world-arizona-two-democratic-senators/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, moving past the gushing over McCain and Flake....

Martha McSally needs all the help she can get, she lost against Rat Sinema.  The loony Astronaut has appeal to under-educated voters.  She's being closely watched by gun owners.  She'll have trouble winning in a state with Constitutional Carry if she ever votes for gun control.  She appears shaky on medical issues, too.

At this point, I would not bet against Kelly defeating her.  Trump better have some coattails on him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Adding:  We have bench problems in Arizona because McCain destroyed the bench with his tactics of personal destruction of all who opposed him.  So what if he voted the right way most times?  He did his best to see the Party die in Arizona by crushing conservatives in the State Legislature.  A Desert version of Mitch McConnell, it seems.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: I’m not ready for a world where Arizona has two Democratic senators
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 04:16:16 am »
Adding:  We have bench problems in Arizona because McCain destroyed the bench with his tactics of personal destruction of all who opposed him.  So what if he voted the right way most times?  He did his best to see the Party die in Arizona by crushing conservatives in the State Legislature.  A Desert version of Mitch McConnell, it seems.

Can you provide some specific examples of McStain's tactics.  I've heard this before.  I've googled it and not been very successful.

For the record, I never liked the guy. 

You could never figure him out as he was very inconsistent.  He didn't seem principled to me.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 04:17:02 am »
And it would appear that Arizona now has two senators from AZ.

In addition to appear to have given Biden 11 electoral votes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 05:17:02 am »
Can you provide some specific examples of McStain's tactics.  I've heard this before.  I've googled it and not been very successful.

You could never figure him out as he was very inconsistent.  He didn't seem principled to me.

I'll have to ponder a bit.  I've been cleansing the memories since he kicked the bucket.  I was enjoying his absence quite a bit....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 05:18:40 am »
And it would appear that Arizona now has two senators from AZ.

In addition to appear to have given Biden 11 electoral votes.

I blame Ducey for that.  At Cindy McCain's direction, the RINO appointed a replacement for McStain that could not win in a statewide election, and proved it.  Twice.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 02:57:08 pm »

You could never figure him out as he was very inconsistent. He didn't seem principled to me.

@HikerGuy83

There just ain't no slipping NOTHING past you,is there?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 03:03:23 pm »
I’m not ready for a world where Arizona has two Democratic senators

AllahpunditPosted at 1:31 pm on August 20, 2019

Yeah, yeah, I know: “They had two Democratic senators when McCain and Flake were there.” Har dee har.

The dirty little secret about Maverick and Flake is that they almost always voted with Trump and McConnell. There was one enormous exception to that rule, when McCain voted no on ObamaCare repeal, but on most legislative matters and judicial confirmations they were on the team.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2019/08/20/im-not-ready-world-arizona-two-democratic-senators/

After the 2008 election there were 60 Democratic Senators. You want that world again?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 05:44:56 pm »
AllahPundit is Hot Air's resident Never-Trumper, so take his claim about McCain with a block of salt. McCain back-stabbed GWB and was backstabbing Trump, including passing on the Steele Dossier in 2016 to the FBI (who McCain didn't know already had it). McCain was pissed and envious at GWB and Trump winning the Presidency when he, McCain, could not. McCain defined himself by that bitterness and envy for the final 18 years of his life.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 10:56:56 pm »
The way things are goin', might be a while before Arizona sees a Republican senator again...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 11:11:08 pm »
The way things are goin', might be a while before Arizona sees a Republican senator again...

That is very possible.  It's an indication of the depths that McStain ruined the AZ GOP.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 05:14:56 am »
That is very possible.  It's an indication of the depths that McStain ruined the AZ GOP.

As I indicated, I am moving back.  I don't want that to stay in place. 

You mentioned "the bench".  I want to hear a great deal more about that.

If it's empty, we need to fill it.

I don't mind keeping McCain's memory alive if he really destroyed conservatives.  I want people to know that. 

His wife really really annoyed me with her endorsement.

I guess it's easy when you are sitting on a pile of money.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 05:16:37 am »

I am not buying that.

The conservative philosophy (whatever that is) works for minorities and Trump showed that in many ways. 

Corona is what got Trump dumped (if this holds).

McSalley seemed about as exciting as Biden (looking in).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 01:20:10 pm »
As I indicated, I am moving back.  I don't want that to stay in place. 

You mentioned "the bench".  I want to hear a great deal more about that.

If it's empty, we need to fill it.

I don't mind keeping McCain's memory alive if he really destroyed conservatives.  I want people to know that. 

His wife really really annoyed me with her endorsement.

I guess it's easy when you are sitting on a pile of money.

There isn't really much to say about the bench because there aren't many people on it.  It's pretty sad that McSally was the "best" we had.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 04:40:04 am »
There isn't really much to say about the bench because there aren't many people on it.  It's pretty sad that McSally was the "best" we had.

I get that.....and it having the McCain family still believing they own the seat does not help.

The question is....what is being done to develop people ?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2020, 06:13:07 am »
I get that.....and it having the McCain family still believing they own the seat does not help.

The question is....what is being done to develop people ?

We have to start from scratch.  McStain destroyed almost every novice conservative who dared attempt to rise in the Party.  His hatred of conservatives made McConnell look like a piker.  We have a couple of really good Congresscritters in Schweikert. Biggs, Lesko and my guy, Gosar.  I really liked Trent Franks and sorta like Matt Salmon.  The other 5 Congresscritters are Democrats, and are worse than useless, they are enemies.  Like our two Senators in a week or so.  McSally is out immediately upon certification (by the Rat SoS).  Not in January.

I knew for a fact a year or two ago she was going to lose this election, and was pissed at Doug Ducey for appointing her.  Take a guess at who he was appeasing when he appointed her to McStain's old seat.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2020, 06:25:36 am »
Didn't Sarah Palin move to Arizona?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 06:41:32 am »
Didn't Sarah Palin move to Arizona?

She and/or Bristol bought a house in Maricopa (the city, not the county, although it is IN Maricopa County), but they sold it before anybody moved in.  It might have been because of the bickering between her and the AZ GOP.  Who knows what's happening, now that she and Todd broke up.  I am happy now that Bristol has learned not to get in anymore parking lot brawls.  I hope she can stay on the wagon.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2021, 05:36:31 pm »
I know you guys don't like her. 

While she isn't my first pick, there are things about her I really appreciate.  If Manchin would stand up for what he believes, the democrats would have a harder time doing anything. 

As for Sienna, she does a lot of things I like.  This is one of them.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reaganmccarthy/2021/02/12/sinema-n2584644

Key Democratic Senator Delivers a Blow to Democrats' Hopes of Passing $15 Minimum Wage by Reconciliation

“What’s important is whether or not it’s directly related to short-term Covid relief. And if it’s not, then I am not going to support it in this legislation,” Sinema told Politico. “The minimum wage provision is not appropriate for the reconciliation process. It is not a budget item. And it shouldn’t be in there.”

I suggest going to her web site and leaving a message telling her to stick to her guns on this one.

The Covid package itself is another matter.  I don't like that it will happen.  At the same time, I don't mind seeing Biden destroying himself right out of the box.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 05:38:36 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2021, 07:35:58 pm »
Haven't they had two Dim Senators ever since McLunatic was elected?

And THAT is cutting the treasonous SOB some slack. The truth is he even lacked the necessary moral character to be a freaking Dim.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2021, 11:29:17 pm »
Haven't they had two Dim Senators ever since McLunatic was elected?

And THAT is cutting the treasonous SOB some slack. The truth is he even lacked the necessary moral character to be a freaking Dim.

John Kyl was quite good.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2021, 11:34:14 pm »
I know you guys don't like her. 

While she isn't my first pick, there are things about her I really appreciate.  If Manchin would stand up for what he believes, the democrats would have a harder time doing anything. 

As for Sienna, she does a lot of things I like.  This is one of them.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reaganmccarthy/2021/02/12/sinema-n2584644

Key Democratic Senator Delivers a Blow to Democrats' Hopes of Passing $15 Minimum Wage by Reconciliation

“What’s important is whether or not it’s directly related to short-term Covid relief. And if it’s not, then I am not going to support it in this legislation,” Sinema told Politico. “The minimum wage provision is not appropriate for the reconciliation process. It is not a budget item. And it shouldn’t be in there.”

I suggest going to her web site and leaving a message telling her to stick to her guns on this one.

The Covid package itself is another matter.  I don't like that it will happen.  At the same time, I don't mind seeing Biden destroying himself right out of the box.

You're quite correct I don't like her. The best we can hope for is she might be like Manchin,  with only a rare good vote.  She will always fall in line when Schumer needs her.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2021, 11:42:34 pm »
You're quite correct I don't like her. The best we can hope for is she might be like Manchin,  with only a rare good vote.  She will always fall in line when Schumer needs her.

We will see where this goes.

The fact that she is bucking it now seems like she's doing something against her masters.

I think she deserves credit for even speaking out.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2021, 11:43:07 pm »
John Kyl was quite good.

Yes he was.

I keep wondering who the next John Kyle is.