Author Topic: Sen. Warren: ‘You Didn’t Build’ That by Yourself, ‘All of Us Helped’  (Read 225 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Craig Bannister | August 20, 2019 | 3:30 PM EDT

Echoing the “You didn’t build that” claim made famous by former President Barack Obama, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) made a pitch for a new tax while addressing the Black Church PAC's Youth Leadership Conference in Atlanta on Saturday.

But, Obama’s controversial 2012 comment actually appears to have been a paraphrase of remarks Warren made a year earlier when she was running her successful campaign to unseat incumbent Republican Senator Scott Brown.

On Saturday, promoting her proposal for a new “wealth tax,” Democrat presidential hopeful Warren told her audience that, if any of them have built a fortune, they didn’t do it on their own, because “all of us helped” them:

“Anybody in here own a home? You’ve been paying a wealth tax for a long time: it’s just called a property tax.

“And, what I’m saying that’s different, is for the truly rich – more than $50 million in assets – it’s more than your real estate: it’s your stock portfolio, the diamonds, the Rembrandt, the yacht – I just want them all included in how we think about wealth. And, I say to those folks: good for you; you made it big.

“But, I guarantee, you didn’t build a fortune in America without using workers that all of us helped pay to educate.

“You built a fortune in America getting your goods to market on roads and bridges that all of us helped pay to build.

“You are protected by police and firefighters – all of us paid their salaries.”

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/sen-warren-you-didnt-build-yourself-all-us-helped
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She just went full communist.  Never go full communist.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
You didn't build that 2.0. Not very original, Lieawatha.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:06:14 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.