Author Topic: ‘I’m not mad’: Elizabeth Warren's quiet liberal populism draws 12,000 in Minnesota  (Read 1065 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘I’m not mad’: Elizabeth Warren's quiet liberal populism draws 12,000 in Minnesota
by David M. Drucker
 | August 19, 2019 11:13 PM

ST. PAUL, Minnesota — Reminiscent of the surprising momentum of Donald Trump’s populist presidential campaign four summers ago, Elizabeth Warren was forced to turn a planned town hall meeting into a rally when more than 10,000 showed to hear the Democratic contender rail against Washington corruption.

The Warren campaign pegged the overflow crowd gathered on the grassy quad of a small liberal arts college at 12,000, the largest since she launched her bid Dec. 31. The liberal populist, the surprise of the summer after stumbling out of the gate, did not disappoint. She offered a smattering of her signature government reform plans as she blamed the nation’s ills on a federal government beholden to big corporations and the so-called rich.

“I’m not doing this because I’m cranky. I’m not mad at anybody,” Warren said during remarks that lasted about an hour. “If you built a great fortune in America, you built it at least in part using workers all of us paid to educate.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/im-not-mad-elizabeth-warrens-quiet-liberal-populism-draws-12-000-in-minnesota
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This can't be true...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I have enough Dem friends to get  a sense of where the Dem race is going.   It will either be Biden or Warren,  count on it.   Warren's biggest negative is that she is unlikely to get as much support from black and Hispanic voters.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

Easy to rail against government corruption—corrupt it is.

But, when you’ve been a part of the corruption yourself, it’s hard to make the case that you care about or have the skills, or the chutzpah, to clean it up.

Talk is cheap. What has she done? Check her ethics, or her record authoring or co-sponsoring good-government legislation. She’s a fraud, a total waste of oxygen, this one.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I can't believe Minnesota has 12,000 commies..... 888mouth
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even
if you're not mad..."

-Liz "Pink" Warren.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
 Elizabeth Warren's quiet  shrewish, hectoring, nagging, annoying liberal populism. Fixed it.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mountaineer

Lizzie Warren: I'm not mad, just crazy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

“If you built a great fortune in America, you built it at least in part using workers all of us paid to educate.”

Right... except for the inconvenient fact that anyone who built such a fortune quite likely paid far more in taxes than most other people for the cost of that education, and in any event is under no obligation to hire any other person.

Ooops. Damn that logic and economics. 

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
“If you built a great fortune in America, you built it at least in part using workers all of us paid to educate.”

Right... except for the inconvenient fact that anyone who built such a fortune quite likely paid far more in taxes than most other people for the cost of that education, and in any event is under no obligation to hire any other person.

C'mon man, everyone knows leftists prefer their own truth to facts! :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

There's probably 12,000 commies in the UMN freshman class. 

That state is nuts.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I have enough Dem friends to get  a sense of where the Dem race is going.   It will either be Biden or Warren,  count on it.   Warren's biggest negative is that she is unlikely to get as much support from black and Hispanic voters.

...unless she announces soon that her running mate will either be Hispanic (Castro) or Black.  Then she will give Trump a run for his money.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Wanna bet?  This is why the Left is so enamored of Affirmative Action "goals and set-asides."  They are there to force you to hire somebody who is less than the best, or admit to your college same.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Minneapolis/St Paul.

Offline Axeslinger

Yeah...this is me....shocked.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In my experience, when a woman says, "I'm not mad.", that is much worse than her simply being mad. For me, if they have passed the 'mad' level, then there is something much worse coming.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

In my experience, when a woman says, "I'm not mad.", that is much worse than her simply being mad. For me, if they have passed the 'mad' level, then there is something much worse coming.

Kinda like 'Willie Nelson getting sewed into his bedsheets and beat half to death' kinda worse...
Yeah, I get it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Kinda like 'Willie Nelson getting sewed into his bedsheets and beat half to death' kinda worse...
Yeah, I get it.

That actually happened?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Offline roamer_1

That actually happened?

Wait... I stand corrected... Willie said it, but it was a tall tale, I guess...
But the lesson remains the same.

It was also fun watching Nelson bust up laughing about how his first wife, Martha, got so tired of his coming home drunk that she wrapped him in a blanket after he passed out on the couch, sewed the ends then beat him with a broom. (Martha, pretty colorful herself, claims the story is nonsense. It’d be way too hard to sew a man in a blanket, she said. The truth, she adds: She tied him with a jump-rope then hit him with the broom.)

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2008-apr-20-bk-hilburn20-story.html

Online rustynail

Trump has no chance now.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

It is my opinion, Warren will be the Dem candidate.  If she did choose a black man for Vice President, think they would win over Trump.  If Biden, by chance, is the Dem candidate, he had better do the same.  He likely could not win over Trump due to his gaffs.  He is leading the Dems now, doubt that will hold; next debate may damage him.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@mystery-ak

It is my opinion, Warren will be the Dem candidate.  If she did choose a black man for Vice President, think they would win over Trump.  If Biden, by chance, is the Dem candidate, he had better do the same.  He likely could not win over Trump due to his gaffs.  He is leading the Dems now, doubt that will hold; next debate may damage him.

IMHO, it's not the black vote that the DEMS needs to secure, it's the Hispanic vote.  There are appx. 57 million Hispanics in the U.S. (that are accounted for) and approximately 47 million Blacks.  It is projected that 32 million Hispanics will be registered to vote vs. 30 million Blacks in the 2020 election.

Also, I believe if Harris can get the nomination which would give her the female and black vote advantage and selects Castro, which secures the Hispanic vote, Trump will not be re-elected.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/essay/an-early-look-at-the-2020-electorate/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@mystery-ak

I would not count Biden out yet.  The other 19 or so are doing a pretty good job of destroying each other.
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
IMHO, it's not the black vote that the DEMS needs to secure, it's the Hispanic vote.  There are appx. 57 million Hispanics in the U.S. (that are accounted for) and approximately 47 million Blacks.  It is projected that 32 million Hispanics will be registered to vote vs. 30 million Blacks in the 2020 election.
That is why the Dem candidates are fighting each other to see who can promise the most benefits to illegals, even at the expense of American citizens. They have gone "all-in" on illegals.

This is because Democrats are out of touch with the American Hispanic community. They mistakenly believe that illegals are the same thing as Legal Hispanic American Citizens. This is incorrect. Not all Hispanic Americans support the illegal invasion happening in the SouthWest.

The Democrats are miscalculating this. The illegals are bringing crime, rape, and extortion with them. And they are putting Americans out of work, affecting Black and Hispanic citizens the most.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.