Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke loses big in back-and-forth with the NRA’s Twitter account  (Read 340 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Twitchy  by Greg P. 8/19/2019

As we told you on Saturday, failing presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke was roundly mocked for this tweet on “weapons of war”:

Beto O'Rourke
✔
@BetoORourke
Replying to @BetoORourke

In Arkansas, I listened to gun owners and sellers—and appreciated hearing their perspectives. But as the plan we released yesterday says, if I’m president, you wouldn’t be able to buy weapons of war for $395. You wouldn’t be able to buy them at all.

But instead of taking the L and letting it go, the Texas Dem decided to mix it up with the NRA Twitter account after they joked about his standing in the polls:

NRA
✔
@NRA

“If I’m president...”

Beto: Have you taken a look at the polls?

More: https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/08/19/beto-orourke-loses-big-in-back-and-forth-with-the-nras-twitter-account-a/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A real lightweight.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Interesting he would choose a photo with a Trump 2020 sign on the wall.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
As the old saying goes, in a battle of wits, Irish Bob is an unarmed man.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
NRA
✔
@NRA

“If I’m president...”

Beto: Have you taken a look at the polls?

There are some poll numbers the NRA should examine, as well.

The National Rifle Association receives similar marks: 42 percent have a favorable view, down from 49 percent in 2018. Forty-seven percent have an unfavorable opinion. This is the first time the organization has had a net negative rating. Positive views of the NRA are also down among gun-owner households: 56 percent versus 67 percent last year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-news-poll-most-back-gun-restrictions-after-shootings-trump-ratings-down/ar-AAFOfja
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
As the old saying goes, in a battle of wits, Irish Bob is an unarmed man.

888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

The National Rifle Association receives similar marks: 42 percent have a favorable view, down from 49 percent in 2018. Forty-seven percent have an unfavorable opinion. This is the first time the organization has had a net negative rating. Positive views of the NRA are also down among gun-owner households: 56 percent versus 67 percent last year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-news-poll-most-back-gun-restrictions-after-shootings-trump-ratings-down/ar-AAFOfja

Polls! :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Polly Ticks

I have a negative view of the NRA, too, but it is 100% related to the plethora of solicitations with which they bombard me and has nothing at all to do with their correct stances on 2A.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra