Author Topic: Trump Clearly Feels Betrayed By Latest Fox Poll: ‘I Don’t Know What’s Happening’  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Funny how polls are fine when they are favorable, but meaningless when they are not favorable.  I guess the honeymoon between Trump and Fox is over. 

Polls are generally meaningless, especially more than a year away from the 2020 general election.  And I believe most polls are rigged in some way to produce a certain desired result.  So I don't trust any of them at any time.

That said, I do believe there is an undercurrent of dissatisfaction with Trump  and that could unfavorably impact his chances for success next year.  Running around the country preaching to the faithful is not going to help him win.  He needs to win over others outside his loyal band of supporters -- independents, undecideds, those who voted for him in 2016 but are disillusioned. and maybe even some Democrats dissatisfied with the all the radicals and losers vying form the Dem nomination. 

I'd like to think if Trump could pull off one of the major promises he made in 20116, that might work.  Curbing illegal immigration for sure would win many over.  But he lost his chance when the Dems took back the House, so I don't see any major last-minute surprise coming that might put him over the top.    And if he goes along with any infringement of the Second Amendment or his trade war has a major impact on even his faithful followers, Trump can kiss re-election goodbye.
Fox has been sliding left for twenty years, slowly but surely.
The GOP has stonewalled and slow walked Trump as much as the Democrats, just an observation and not an excuse.
He needs to get back to the three big promises and make that happen. People want to see something for the money shelled out, besides threats to the RKBA and the bump stock ban (something the Obamites didn't even do).

As for a recession in an election year, well, you can almost count on it. They're blowing that whistle even now, trying to panic the herd. Nothing would suit the Dems better, and the MSM is almost universally in support of whatever nutcase the Dems nominate.
Make enough people believe the ship is sinking, and they'll climb over each other for the early seats on the lifeboats.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Fox has been sliding left for twenty years, slowly but surely.

Fox never was as "fair and balanced" as it portrayed itself.  But putting that aside -- early on in Trump's presidency and even before when he was campaigning, Fox was Trump's favorite network.  It was like one big love affair.  Lately, Fox has begun to question Trump's behavior and actions (or in some cases, inactions).  So the grand love affair must be over. 

The GOP has stonewalled and slow walked Trump as much as the Democrats, just an observation and not an excuse.

Just so you realize that Trump's failures were also his.  True that congress has to pass the bills before Trump can sign them and the Republicans, in charge of both houses of congress for the beginning of Trump's term, did nothing.  But Trump, the Art of the Deal guy, could have used his reputed skill to make things happen over there at the Capitol.  He didn't do his part.

He needs to get back to the three big promises and make that happen. People want to see something for the money shelled out, besides threats to the RKBA and the bump stock ban (something the Obamites didn't even do).

Well, like I said, he had his chance whe n the Republicans had the presidency and both houses of congress.  Now that the house is lost, nothing is going to happen.  He can't even strike a bipartisan deal with the Democrats.  Remember that famous "budget" bipartisan meeting when he stormed out?  Everything is about the show with Trump.  He doesn't care about results. 

Trump has already shown he will sign any legislation put in front of him.   So don't count on him to veto any further infringement of the Second Amendment.

As for a recession in an election year, well, you can almost count on it. They're blowing that whistle even now, trying to panic the herd. Nothing would suit the Dems better, and the MSM is almost universally in support of whatever nutcase the Dems nominate.
Make enough people believe the ship is sinking, and they'll climb over each other for the early seats on the lifeboats.

Trump has already decided that any recession will be the fault of the Federal Reserve or any of a number of bogeymen on his "enemies" list.  Won't be his fault.  Nothing is ever his fault.   But, except for his faithful followers, if a major recession does hit between now and November, 2020, a lot of other people will look at Trump as the cause.  They won't need the media tor the Democrats to tell them what to think.  When their 401(k)s swirl the bowl, they are out of work and/or the costs of goods and services rise, no one, including Trump, will be off the hook.

Offline Smokin Joe

Fox never was as "fair and balanced" as it portrayed itself.  But putting that aside -- early on in Trump's presidency and even before when he was campaigning, Fox was Trump's favorite network.  It was like one big love affair.  Lately, Fox has begun to question Trump's behavior and actions (or in some cases, inactions).  So the grand love affair must be over. 

Just so you realize that Trump's failures were also his.  True that congress has to pass the bills before Trump can sign them and the Republicans, in charge of both houses of congress for the beginning of Trump's term, did nothing.  But Trump, the Art of the Deal guy, could have used his reputed skill to make things happen over there at the Capitol.  He didn't do his part.

Well, like I said, he had his chance whe n the Republicans had the presidency and both houses of congress.  Now that the house is lost, nothing is going to happen.  He can't even strike a bipartisan deal with the Democrats.  Remember that famous "budget" bipartisan meeting when he stormed out?  Everything is about the show with Trump.  He doesn't care about results. 

Trump has already shown he will sign any legislation put in front of him.   So don't count on him to veto any further infringement of the Second Amendment.

Trump has already decided that any recession will be the fault of the Federal Reserve or any of a number of bogeymen on his "enemies" list.  Won't be his fault.  Nothing is ever his fault.   But, except for his faithful followers, if a major recession does hit between now and November, 2020, a lot of other people will look at Trump as the cause.  They won't need the media tor the Democrats to tell them what to think.  When their 401(k)s swirl the bowl, they are out of work and/or the costs of goods and services rise, no one, including Trump, will be off the hook.
I agree about FOX, but wonder about their slide. If they are sliding away from Trump, they are leaving the 'middle' behind. Yes, I fully acknowledge that Trump was the one who needed to galvanize the Pubbies in Congress to get something done, and that failed, bigly. But to do so he needed a large enough receptive audience, and that wasn't there, either. Always just enough defectors to throw a monkey wrench into getting anything done, and that has been the problem all along with the GOP.
It's a brand, not a platform, (sorry, but I call them as I see them), and its meaning is as different as brewing the same coffee with tap water. The flavor depends on where you are. In some places it is smooth and good (Conservative) in others undrinkable (Northeast especially, where what is often considered 'conservative' is a Communist plot elsewhere.)

After Trump's administration banned a gun stock Obama's administration would not ban, I place no faith in his regard for the RKBA, and with pending concepts of 'red flag' laws, little in his regard for or knowledge of the rest of the Bill of Rights.
I wasn't looking to him to be the saviour of the Republic, had hopes he would hold the ground we have, but have been fairly consistently disappointed after a few good initial pronouncements that permitted energy infrastructure to be completed.

Note that a big part of the mess at the end of W2 was democrat policy, run wild. That should have been curtailed, and wasn't. Trump needs to be watching for and working to negate any such effects Obama policy will have on the country, as much as possible. And reinstate employee business expenses (Form 2106) for vehicle use and out of town travel.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 03:23:39 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

Bret Baier says ‘Fox has not changed,’ implores Trump to come back
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/20/bret-baier-says-fox-has-not-changed-implores-trump-to-come-back-787545

If I was Trump I'd tell Bret Baier to go f himself. I still remember that first debate where Bret Baier, Me Again Kelly and that punk Wallace tried there best to take out Trump. That was the last time I ever watched Fox News. Screw Fox News. OAN is a much better network.

Offline Victoria33

All of a sudden, this just got really weird.
@Cyber Liberty

Yes, Trump is weird and it shows constantly.  You may not have meant he is weird, but the word fits him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Yes, Trump is weird and it shows constantly.  You may not have meant he is weird, but the word fits him.

That, but especially the Baer part.  How can a serious newscaster like Baer beg a politician to "come back?"  Come back from where?  To where, for that matter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I agree about FOX, but wonder about their slide. If they are sliding away from Trump, they are leaving the 'middle' behind. Yes, I fully acknowledge that Trump was the one who needed to galvanize the Pubbies in Congress to get something done, and that failed, bigly. But to do so he needed a large enough receptive audience, and that wasn't there, either. Always just enough defectors to throw a monkey wrench into getting anything done, and that has been the problem all along with the GOP.
It's a brand, not a platform, (sorry, but I call them as I see them), and its meaning is as different as brewing the same coffee with tap water. The flavor depends on where you are. In some places it is smooth and good (Conservative) in others undrinkable (Northeast especially, where what is often considered 'conservative' is a Communist plot elsewhere.)

After Trump's administration banned a gun stock Obama's administration would not ban, I place no faith in his regard for the RKBA, and with pending concepts of 'red flag' laws, little in his regard for or knowledge of the rest of the Bill of Rights.
I wasn't looking to him to be the saviour of the Republic, had hopes he would hold the ground we have, but have been fairly consistently disappointed after a few good initial pronouncements that permitted energy infrastructure to be completed.

Note that a big part of the mess at the end of W2 was democrat policy, run wild. That should have been curtailed, and wasn't. Trump needs to be watching for and working to negate any such effects Obama policy will have on the country, as much as possible. And reinstate employee business expenses (Form 2106) for vehicle use and out of town travel.

Is Fox sliding any faster than the Republican party?  I don't watch so I don't know, but maybe they're just tracking their target?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Victoria33

That, but especially the Baer part.  How can a serious newscaster like Baer beg a politician to "come back?"  Come back from where?  To where, for that matter.
@Cyber Liberty

If you recall, think about it - many times Trump has said, if he is on a program, the news channel's rating goes up.  He is obsessed with TV ratings and thinks he controls them.  Now, he is threatening Fox with not having a presidential debate on Fox unless they do what he wants.  I am not sure he can prevent a presidential debate being on Fox - maybe he can but there will be a Democrat candidate on that debate stage too, so does that candidate's opinion on where to have it, matter?

Okay, it is the National Democrat Committee and the National Republican Committee who decide where a presidential debate is held.  So, Trump lied again and can't decide by himself where to have a presidential debate.  He tossed that lie out there just to worry Fox.

Baer may think Trump can keep the Republican Party from having a debate on Fox.  That would be a reason he is asking him to come back, so Baer's "come back", means don't take away our presidential debate, like us again, come home.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

If you recall, think about it - many times Trump has said, if he is on a program, the news channel's rating goes up.  He is obsessed with TV ratings and thinks he controls them.  Now, he is threatening Fox with not having a presidential debate on Fox unless they do what he wants.  I am not sure he can prevent a presidential debate being on Fox - maybe he can but there will be a Democrat candidate on that debate stage too, so does that candidate's opinion on where to have it, matter?

Okay, it is the National Democrat Committee and the National Republican Committee who decide where a presidential debate is held.  So, Trump lied again and can't decide by himself where to have a presidential debate.  He tossed that lie out there just to worry Fox.

Baer may think Trump can keep the Republican Party from having a debate on Fox.  That would be a reason he is asking him to come back, so Baer's "come back", means don't take away our presidential debate, like us again, come home.   

@Victoria33

I can agree with that, including the Baer part which sounds plausable.
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

I have a really hard time understanding why he would care or respond in this manner...at this point.

Has he forgotten the polls said Hill was leading the day of the last presidential election. If it's a control thing he really needs to drop it, imho. Are his internals not positive and he's nervous?

Offline libertybele

I have a really hard time understanding why he would care or respond in this manner...at this point.

Has he forgotten the polls said Hill was leading the day of the last presidential election. If it's a control thing he really needs to drop it, imho. Are his internals not positive and he's nervous?

This is a little bit different.  More than a year out and polls are rolling in, which I think is ridiculous. I think he's nervous about the economy and the tariffs didn't go quite as planned. If indeed we enter a recession before he's re-elected, he won't be. Funny how his failure at the border has taken a back seat.  The MSM is talking about a recession.  The market can't continue to endlessly climb without a correction and every time the market corrects there's talk of a recession.  It seems the economists are split on their projections; some are saying recession and some are saying the market is going to reach new highs.

The lows are in and the market is headed higher, says strategist Jeff Saut

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/20/the-lows-are-in-and-the-market-is-headed-higher-jeff-saut.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
You mean some of Trump's 2016 voters have gotten tired of the loud mouth, insulting, obnoxious meglomaniac after 3 years?

That couldn't be.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

Is Fox sliding any faster than the Republican party?  I don't watch so I don't know, but maybe they're just tracking their target?
I don't know, because I quit watching.

If they are tracking the party, they are tracking something that has been moving Leftward since Goldwater lost, with the perception they can pick up Dems on the edge.
I don't think the GOP has made a serious move to the right since then.
They only have managed to slow the slide.

Reagan's success was that he managed to be inclusive without necessarily compromising on principle, but we had a real enemy in the USSR in those days before Communism was declared 'dead'.

(Best thing that ever happened for the Communists, they rebranded, doubled down under a half dozen names, and operated in the shadow of the ideology's tombstone for over a generation, enough time to pretty much wrap up the education and media industries.)

Now they are brazen, have a following indoctrinated to somehow believe 2+2=7, and that unlike Alaska (which issues checks from the State's oil royalties to all Alaskans) they are going to be able to issue checks to everyone with no source of wealth at all.  **nononono*

But the topics are Fox and the GOP, pursuing the "center" as defined by media, off into the left field cheap seats. If the 'Fair and Balanced" network is sliding left, the Party's perceptions of where the center is will move Left, too. Without anchoring principles, conservativism becomes relative to the Left, which has gone whole hog Communist and totalitarian, too. Even in this past election, despite the howls from the watchtowers, Republicans went for a candidate measured as "more conservative than Hillary".

That's setting the bar too low, imho.

C S Lewis