Author Topic: “I have not been comfortable with Bernie’s plan”: Kamala Harris inches away from Medicare for All  (Read 189 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
“I have not been comfortable with Bernie’s plan”: Kamala Harris inches away from Medicare for All

AllahpunditPosted at 11:31 am on August 19, 2019

Harris is so slippery on this topic that it’s hard to identify true shifts in her position versus “just get me through this moment” rhetorical idling. She co-sponsored Bernie’s Medicare for All bill in the Senate last year, hoping to protect her left flank ahead of a presidential run. When she and the other candidates were asked point-blank at one of the debates this summer whether they’d be comfortable eliminating all private health insurance — which is what Medicare for All means, don’tcha know — she raised her hand in favor. But those poll numbers are stubborn: Although Americans very much like the idea of a public option and are at least curious about MFA, they turn squeamish once you start nudging them about getting rid of private insurance plans.

And so, the day after the debate, she claimed that she’d misheard the question. Until late last month, before she rolled out her new plan, she was also prone to saying in interviews that her vision of Medicare for All *wouldn’t* mean the end of private insurance. Only when badgered by interviewers into explaining what that means would she admit that the only private insurance that would survive under her plan was “supplementary” coverage. Health coverage would in fact be monopolized by the government.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2019/08/19/not-comfortable-bernies-plan-kamala-harris-inches-away-medicare/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Maybe Kamaltoe is taking the advice of the 92 year old nursing home resident who told her to leave health care alone.
Principles matter. Words matter.