Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

If Trump called you right now, What would you say?

<< < (15/17) > >>

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Sanguine on August 20, 2019, 10:29:00 pm ---Old people with extended family. It's very cruel.

--- End quote ---
They are thieves. It's about the only thing I think the Muslims have right, their treatment of a thief. 'nuff said.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Sanguine on August 20, 2019, 10:29:00 pm ---Old people with extended family. It's very cruel.

--- End quote ---

My mother, in her 90's got hit with both the "Your Grandson is in jail" and "The IRS agents are on the way to arrest you" scams.  Also a pigeon drop, where she was told she won a bunch of money, but she had to send them the tax on it before she could claim it.  I told her, "No way, Jose!" so she told them they have permission to deduct the tax and send her the balance.  LOL.

Applewood:
It's important that those of us who have elderly loved ones warn them about these scams.  I have an elderly aunt who used to be rather sharp about these things, but I think her mental faculties are declining.  Since her husband passed away and she has no children, I've taken it upon myself to warn her  about every scam I hear about. 

EdJames:
Yes, the spoofing of a local number is really insidious for older people....  they certainly want to answer the phone thinking that it is a call from a neighbor, or maybe a local business that they deal with.....  adding that to the fact that a lot of older folks that are a bit lonely, are actually eager to answer the phone.....  just to talk to someone....

Very cruel and evil.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: EdJames on August 20, 2019, 11:23:19 pm ---Yes, the spoofing of a local number is really insidious for older people....  they certainly want to answer the phone thinking that it is a call from a neighbor, or maybe a local business that they deal with.....  adding that to the fact that a lot of older folks that are a bit lonely, are actually eager to answer the phone.....  just to talk to someone....

Very cruel and evil.

--- End quote ---

Of course they're cruel and evil.  They're criminals, bunko artists.  It's what they do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version