Author Topic: Who Makes the ‘Rules’ in a ‘Rules-Based’ Liberal Global Order?  (Read 540 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Who Makes the ‘Rules’ in a ‘Rules-Based’ Liberal Global Order?

Hint: Not necessarily people who’ve been elected to anything.

John Fonte  - August 12th, 2019

The forces promoting global governance represent a serious actor, driver, or player in world politics. Transnationalism or globalism has an ideology and a social-material base. And, crucially, it has a strong American connection.

The ideology is utopian, the age-old dream of worldwide peace and prosperity under a benevolent global regime. Further, the globalist project is bipartisan, in terms of both ideas and institutions.

Democrat Anne Marie Slaughter, who headed the Obama State Department’s office of policy and planning, declared that global governance meant nations would cede sovereign authority to supranational institutions in cases requiring global solutions to global problems. Thus, she maintained, transnational networks “can perform many of the functions of a world government—legislation, administration, and adjudication—without the form,” thereby creating a global rule of law.

Under President George H. W. Bush, Republican Richard Haass held the same position as Slaughter at the State Department. Haass is currently head of the Council on Foreign Relations. More than a decade ago, he said it was time to “rethink” sovereignty arguing that “sovereignty is not only becoming weaker in reality, but that it needs to become weaker.”

In 2008, Robert Kagan, then advising the presidential campaign of Senator John McCain, declared that the “United States . . . should not oppose, but welcome a world of pooled and diminished national sovereignty.” ...

https://www.amgreatness.com/2019/08/12/who-makes-the-rules-in-a-rules-based-liberal-global-order/

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:42:36 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
What Rush Limbaugh has to say about the above article:

Why the Worldwide Left Is So Opposed to Donald Trump

Aug 15, 2019

RUSH: So, I ran across this piece and I want to share it with you because when I was reading this piece, it caused a bunch of lights to go off. One of the things that I’ve been trying to figure out, even though those of you who listen will think I have it figured out, to me there’s always more than what I understand on most things. Even though I think I may have something figured out, there’s still more to learn about it.

And this opposition to Trump, it’s so irrational. It’s so obsessive that it puzzles me. And over what? Make America Great Again. Now, look, I understand the left hates America. The left hates the concept of capitalism and freedom. But they have never been anywhere near a majority of the population in this country. Never. They’ve always been fringe. They’ve been around since the days of the founding. Their strength has ebbed and flowed, you might say they’re 30, 35 percent, but I don’t even think that in terms of getting votes.

But yet they’re portrayed by a sympathetic media as being the majority of the country. If you landed here from Mars you would think the election of Donald Trump was some kind of real aberration because he represents 20 percent of the thinking and that the whole country is outraged every day because Donald Trump somehow shouldn’t be president. And, of course, the truth is over 65 million people voted for Donald Trump. He won the presidency fair and square. And yet this picture exists of something else.

And the opposition to Trump goes way beyond just Democrats losing. And it is the singular slogan of Trump’s that it’s not just a slogan, it’s an objective: Make America Great Again. The degree to which that has rendered his opponents insane has remained a big question. Even though I think I understand most of it intellectually, I’ve said to myself there’s got to be more to this. This is just irrational. It doesn’t make sense that this many people do not want America to be great.

So that remains a focal point, a frame of reference, as I go about my life living, learning, reading, this kind of thing. I came across something today that helped me understand it a bit more. It was nothing I didn’t already know. It’s one of these pieces, like Angelo Codevilla’s piece that we shared with you many, many moons ago on the ruling class versus the country class. It was like the revelation of learning what the current services baseline is in the federal budget and how that leads to what is called baseline budgeting. Those were light-goes-off moments.

Well, this piece that I ran into appears at the American Greatness website. And it’s written by a man named John Fonte, F-o-n-t-e. And the headline, ” Who Makes the ‘Rules’ in a ‘Rules-Based’ Liberal Global Order?” Now, this column is adapted from a speech that he gave at the National Conservative Conference in Washington on July 17th, about a month ago. And it prints to six pages. I can’t read the whole thing. But I’ve highlighted some pull quotes for you here that I think will make the point...

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/08/15/why-the-worldwide-left-is-so-opposed-to-donald-trump/?fbclid=IwAR3OoZZ-xjVelFhHgc1dW-sa9WrWZFrqAkXp8-KqSKYQHaC7qRjcKIGn_E8

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:32:51 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Related

Nails It – Economic Analyst El-Erian: The Era of “De-Globalization” is Here…

"Now, I don’t believe that there’s anything utopian about it. Maybe from the duped, like your woke millennial college kids who think that utopia is possible. But the people running the show, I don’t think there’s anything utopian about them. I think they’re power mad. I think they’re evil, power mad people. And they have no intention of creating a utopia."

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/08/15/nails-it-economic-analyst-el-erian-the-era-of-de-globalization-is-here/comment-page-1/?fbclid=IwAR2RqI17ju9n0mBOxnf-XX_DxlQU9vb0WuodsIkfxtwifkdcpjVG6udF9Mw#comment-7281400
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:36:44 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Thanks @Bigun. Global governance is an evil concept and must be resisted in any manner possible.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks @Bigun. Global governance is an evil concept and must be resisted in any manner possible.

Yes indeed!  Rush got it right when he said:

They’ve been around since the days of the founding. Their strength has ebbed and flowed, you might say they’re 30, 35 percent, but I don’t even think that in terms of getting votes.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Thanks @Bigun!

Opened that article in a separate tab...  I caught a bit of Rush mentioning it....  always glad when I hear him talk about things like this....  self-admittedly, he was pretty blind to it for decades....

But I am a bit confused.....  I keep hearing people tell me that "globalists" and "globalism" is just some kind of crazy conspiracy theory....  what gives?

:whistle:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks @Bigun!

Opened that article in a separate tab...  I caught a bit of Rush mentioning it....  always glad when I hear him talk about things like this....  self-admittedly, he was pretty blind to it for decades....

But I am a bit confused.....  I keep hearing people tell me that "globalists" and "globalism" is just some kind of crazy conspiracy theory....  what gives?

:whistle:

LOL! @EdJames I think that kind of talk originated with the British East India Company about two hundred sixty years ago or thereabout.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
LOL! @EdJames I think that kind of talk originated with the British East India Company about two hundred sixty years ago or thereabout.

Indeed!

Offline roamer_1

It's a whole lot older than that. This is Babylon.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

This country was founded by men who loved liberty and were willing to sacrifice all they had in order to have it. Now, 260 odd years later the place is being run by people who's only interest is how do I get another slice of meat on MY sandwich.

See the problem?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Tower of Babel stuff.

Offline roamer_1

This country was founded by men who loved liberty and were willing to sacrifice all they had in order to have it. Now, 260 odd years later the place is being run by people who's only interest is how do I get another slice of meat on MY sandwich.

See the problem?

Think of the wheat and the tare raised together...
You cannot tell the difference until the harvest, when the wheat will bow, and the tare will stand proud.

They have been here all along - One just has to look at the symbolism around us...

I'll tell you what - Dig into the 'Apotheosis of Washinton'.
Look at what is painted inside the capitol dome. Understand what is meant by our leaders lying in state beneath it.

And that is just a taste. I have been studying the occult more than half my life.
It is Babylon alright - It is worldwide.

And it is written.