Author Topic: Kamala Harris is proposing a new kind of 'red flag' law to take guns away from racists  (Read 3741 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Yes, as you said, "it demonstrates how easily any such law can be perverted by simply changing the definition of "mental illness." Being a "white nationalist" (a vaguely defined term) can be labeled a mental illness."

Harris said: "We need to take action to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people and stop violent, hate-fueled attacks before they happen," Harris said in a statement. "By focusing on confronting these domestic terror threats, we can save lives."

Changing the definition of "mental illness"

Right now, the DSM V, is what an examiner uses to put certain behaviors into a mental diagnosis.  Perhaps there will be a new category called "Dangerous Person", with a list of behaviors that fit into that category.  Behaviors could be:

1. "Bought a gun".
2.  "Took new gun home."
Diagnosis - "Dangerous Person" - contact police to remove gun from person.

Your experienced understanding of the DSM is beyond reproach, and you have seen how it "evolves."  Kudos! 

I would expect the Association to be a bit more subtle defining the condition "dangerous person," but your example is perfectly sound.  I also expect the mere desire to purchase a weapon can be a symptom.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
One of those checks against tyranny built into our Constitution is one that you want to take away from us.

Keep your guns.   I could care less.   But don't give me this crap that you keep 'em as a check against tyranny.   That's just obnoxious virtue-signaling. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

Keep your guns.   I could care less.   But don't give me this crap that you keep 'em as a check against tyranny.   That's just obnoxious virtue-signaling.

That is precisely what they are for - Last used down and around the Bundy Ranch to prevent the imposed will of the federal government.

All them cowboys would not have been there but for their guns, and would not have been able to stand before the overwhelming force applied against the Bundys, and stand them down. Them LEOs knew damn well what the next step was going to be, and they backed off.

Turns out the Bundys were right, and came away with their lives and property intact, and no charges by the end were upheld.

Had it not been for an armed populace ready to bring it, that family would have been destroyed, unfairly, under the color of law.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Keep your guns.   I could care less.

And yet you promote ways that will lead to their confiscation.

But don't give me this crap that you keep 'em as a check against tyranny.   That's just obnoxious virtue-signaling.

It's only "virtue signaling" to woke squishy Libs like yourself.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
And yet you promote ways that will lead to their confiscation.

I do not.  I support licensure,  registration and insurance,  similar to what the several states have required for years with respect to automobiles, and none of which has led to confiscation.

I do not, for the record, support such registration, etc. at the federal level.   

Offline skeeter

But don't give me this crap that you keep 'em as a check against tyranny.   That's just obnoxious virtue-signaling.

Your refusal to accept this simple principle is precisely why you'll never find anyone here receptive to your point of view on the 2A. Might as well stop trying.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Accusing Briefers of "Virtue Signalling."  That is so rich it takes my breath away...there's an old expression that applies:  "It takes one to know one." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

This folks, IS exactly why, NO red flag laws should be passed into legislation.  The left will take it and run until the 2A is completely dismantled!
QFT Every single state already has involuntary confinement laws. We do not need more laws, we people to wake up and report when a family member, etc... is acting out of the norm. We need parents to start being parents. We need school administrators and teachers to to recognize and act on these "Cries for help"
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

QFT Every single state already has involuntary confinement laws. We do not need more laws, we people to wake up and report when a family member, etc... is acting out of the norm. We need parents to start being parents. We need school administrators and teachers to to recognize and act on these "Cries for help"

Screw the cries for help. What we need is defense of the victims, on the ground, at the time.
Return fire.

You'll be surprised how quickly all this crap just goes away.

Offline thackney

Screw the cries for help. What we need is defense of the victims, on the ground, at the time.
Return fire.

You'll be surprised how quickly all this crap just goes away.

Isn't it surprising that all the mass gun killings happen in gun free zones.  When is the last time they tried that at a gun show or police station?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

Isn't it surprising that all the mass gun killings happen in gun free zones.  When is the last time they tried that at a gun show or police station?

Yeah... kinda the same reason as Antifa avoiding rednecks and bikers.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Accusing Briefers of "Virtue Signalling."  That is so rich it takes my breath away...there's an old expression that applies:  "It takes one to know one."

C'mon.  Be honest.   You own guns to protect your home and family,  or because you enjoy the shooting sports, or because you are a collector.  Don't give me this virtue-signaling crap that you own guns because you're the last honest patriot here to defend the Republic.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

C'mon.  Be honest.   You own guns to protect your home and family,  or because you enjoy the shooting sports, or because you are a collector.  Don't give me this virtue-signaling crap that you own guns because you're the last honest patriot here to defend the Republic.    *****rollingeyes*****

Bundy Ranch.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Several of these recent mass shootings had clear warnings as you describe lodged with the authorities, but where ignored in favor of protecting the rights of the loon.  We can write the laws, but can we force gummint bureaucrats to comply with them if they refuse?

Case in point:  That Loughner screwball had a gun to shoot Gabby Giffords and the Federal Judge and child who died that day.  The local Sheriff was buddies with his Mother (who had an executive position in the Pima County government), and refused to report to NICS, as required, infractions that should have disqualified him.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Used to be for the shooting sports, but when I became aware of the zeal of the grabbers (whether they admit they are or not), it became a matter of self-defense, both against individual criminals and a criminal government.  Mrs. Liberty lost a loved one to violent illegal aliens, so it became a clear and immediate danger.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah... kinda the same reason as Antifa avoiding rednecks and bikers.

I was disappointed Antifa failed to show up in Sturgis.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

Just because you value security more than liberty, don’t be so presumptuous as to assume that is true of all.  Gutless...that’s no way to go through life.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

I was disappointed Antifa failed to show up in Sturgis.

LOL!

Yeah... that would have been a short-lived protest...
 :silly:

Offline roamer_1

Just because you value security more than liberty, don’t be so presumptuous as to assume that is true of all.  Gutless...that’s no way to go through life.

THAT'S RIGHT.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
I do not.  I support licensure,  registration and insurance,  similar to what the several states have required for years with respect to automobiles, and none of which has led to confiscation.

I do not, for the record, support such registration, etc. at the federal level.   

Everything you support above only leads to one place.   Confiscation of legally owned weapons.

You're not brave enough to admit it...but what you're advocating for...is confiscation by the Federal government.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

So our difference of opinion means that I'm "gutless" and you're not.  Virtue signaling, to the max.  *****rollingeyes*****

And waving your guns around will signal to all that you've got a bigger penis than me, too.     

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Everything you support above only leads to one place.   Confiscation of legally owned weapons.

You're not brave enough to admit it...but what you're advocating for...is confiscation by the Federal government.

Cut the crap and read what I said.  I don't support registration, etc. at the federal level.   

Offline Axeslinger

So our difference of opinion means that I'm "gutless" and you're not.  Virtue signaling, to the max.  *****rollingeyes*****

And waving your guns around will signal to all that you've got a bigger penis than me, too.   
@Jazzhead
Spoken like a coward

It’s not our difference of opinion...it’s that you’re extraordinarily willing to not only give up your God given right....which makes you a coward....but mine too...which makes you a threat.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:26:29 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

Well I wasn't going to bring that up.