Author Topic: Trump says he will approve 'major middle income tax cut' if GOP wins House, Senate in 2020  (Read 642 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he will approve 'major middle income tax cut' if GOP wins House, Senate in 2020
By Rachel Frazin - 08/24/19 12:10 PM EDT

President Trump said Saturday that he would approve a "major middle income tax cut" if Republicans keep the Senate and presidency and take back the House in next year's elections.

"If Republicans take back the House, and keep the Senate and Presidency, one of our first acts will be to approve a major middle income Tax Cut!" Trump tweeted Saturday morning. "Democrats only want to raise your taxes!"

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

“Face It, You Probably Got A Tax Cut!” This was a New York Times headline, and it is very true. If Republicans take back the House, and keep the Senate and Presidency, one of our first acts will be to approve a major middle income Tax Cut! Democrats only want to raise your taxes!

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458676-trump-says-gop-will-approve-major-middle-income-tax-cut-if
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://usdebtclock.org/

Stop. Cutting. Taxes. On. People. Who. Aren't. Paying. Taxes.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

"if the GOP wins the House?"  First of all, why wasn't this and all the other promises kept when Republicans had both houses and the presidency?  Secondly, I have my doubts the Republicans will retake the house and they are in fact in danger of losing the senate too.

Trump and the Republicans blew their chances.  Making the same promises they didn't keep a few years ago is not going to win over voters.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Offline Victoria33

Trump's last tax cut for citizens is temporary, it goes away, and is permanent for businesses.   I seriously doubt he will do another one for citizens - that is reelect me tactic.

Offline Applewood

Trump's last tax cut for citizens is temporary, it goes away, and is permanent for businesses.   I seriously doubt he will do another one for citizens - that is reelect me tactic.

Yes.  He's going to trot out all the promises he didn't keep during his first term and say, "re-elect me and this time, I'll do it."  The rest of the Republicans will do something similar too.

I've been hearing many of these promises since at least 2010.  I'm finished with believing.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
https://usdebtclock.org/

Stop. Cutting. Taxes. On. People. Who. Aren't. Paying. Taxes.

Well not that I believe Trump.  Everything he does is to benefit corporations and rich people.  Like not securing the border.  But what do you mean middle class people don't pay taxes?  They sure as hell do.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 08:48:58 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Stop screwing around with the Marxist income tax code entirely! It is completely unsalvageable and needs to be thrown onto the ash heap of history ASAP!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

How about an occasional veto when it comes to spending bills?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Stop screwing around with the Marxist income tax code entirely! It is completely unsalvageable and needs to be thrown onto the ash heap of history ASAP!

:yowsa:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well not that I believe Trump.  Everything he does is to benefit corporations and rich people.  Like not securing the border.  But what do you mean middle class people don't pay taxes?  They sure as hell do.
The number of people who don't pay anything in income taxes is somewhere around 40%. It peaked at 47% during the recession... and Romney got reamed for pointing that out. That covers a huge chunk of the middle class.

And invariably, the lower classes get handed tax breaks with every middle class tax cut, too.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

Right.  Sure thing, Mr. President.  I believe you.   :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

The number of people who don't pay anything in income taxes is somewhere around 40%. It peaked at 47% during the recession... and Romney got reamed for pointing that out. That covers a huge chunk of the middle class.

And invariably, the lower classes get handed tax breaks with every middle class tax cut, too.

You would have to be below poverty not to pay taxes. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I like fair tax.  Ted Cruz had an excellent Fair Tax plan.

Offline cato potatoe

Do the Republicans have any ideas other than tax cuts?  Pretty soon the middle class will have no federal tax burden, while the treasury borrows $2 trillion per year.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Do the Republicans have any ideas other than tax cuts?  Pretty soon the middle class will have no federal tax burden, while the treasury borrows $2 trillion per year.

That would be fine with me since the Federal Government straps us with State taxes to care for all the illegal immigrants it takes in.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I want my Form 2106 employee deductions back.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis