Author Topic: Republicans fear Trump will lose Arizona  (Read 354 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans fear Trump will lose Arizona
« on: August 15, 2019, 01:08:50 pm »
Republicans fear Trump will lose Arizona
by Kerry Picket
 | August 15, 2019 12:01 AM

Some Democrats are eyeing Texas as a longshot pickup in the 2020 presidential race. But Republicans who are keeping an eye on the national electoral landscape say the party should be more concerned that Arizona could go from red to blue this time around.

“Arizona typically has been, in a presidential year, somewhere around an eight-point Republican advantage and Trump only won Arizona with about three points. So, I definitely think Arizona is very competitive and from my perspective." Paul Bentz, vice president of research and strategy at High Ground, a Phoenix-based firm specializing in public opinion surveys, strategy, and campaign management, told the Washington Examiner. "Arizona is more likely to be a toss-up than Texas is."

President Bill Clinton was the last Democrat to win Arizona, in 1996. Before that, Democrat Harry S. Truman pulled an election upset when he won the presidency with Arizona in 1948 against Republican Thomas Dewey. Republican presidential nominees have won the Copper State in all the other election cycles.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republicans-concerned-over-trumps-strength-in-arizona-heading-into-2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Republicans fear Trump will lose Arizona
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:17:13 pm »
What a tortured article.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 01:49:50 pm »
But Republicans who are keeping an eye on the national electoral landscape say the party should be more concerned that Arizona could go from red to blue this time around.

The Party should be more concerned about offering a Conservative alternative to the Democrats instead of offering Democrat-lite.  Issues like 'catch-and-release' of illegals and multi-trillion-dollar deficits are actually worse now with Republicans in charge.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 02:07:30 pm »
Arizona is one of many states that could flip, but it would probably require a 5 or 6 point loss in the popular vote.  Other states would have flipped by that point.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 03:37:35 pm »
As an Arizonan, I'm very comfortable the state will not flip in THIS  election. On the other hand, I'm deeply concerned about McSally's senate seat and concerned about the 2024 and 2028 presidential elections. There is an unrelenting flow of Californians fleeing into AZ...and bringing their plague of idiocy with them.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 04:29:53 pm »
As an Arizonan, I'm very comfortable the state will not flip in THIS  election. On the other hand, I'm deeply concerned about McSally's senate seat and concerned about the 2024 and 2028 presidential elections. There is an unrelenting flow of Californians fleeing into AZ...and bringing their plague of idiocy with them.

@Mesaclone

Not to mention an abundance of Mexicans.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 04:40:54 pm »

I think there's a very good chance McSally loses this.  She lost running against the Rat Sinema, and got appointed to the seat she now holds because it was vacated when McCain left the mortal coil for his new residence in Hell.  I would not be the least bit surprised if we have two Rat Senators after 2020.  If Trump goes full gun-control, he will also lose AZ.  AZ is very proud of its gun heritage.

I met with McSally at a Meet & Greet last week, and I assured her that if she doesn't hold firm against the latest push to disarm us, she will certainly lose, so vote wisely even if it's against what Turtle wants.  Her seat depends on it.

(I was called a "bully" by another Briefer because of that.  LOL.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 06:59:51 pm »

I am concerned for the 2020 election.  AZ is not the only state that is seeing an influx of people from states like CA because of high cost of living and taxes.  I'm not recalling specifically, but didn't Trump restructure taxes in blue states to be highger and now the blue states are experiencing a mass exodus into the red states. That's been by design perhaps? 

FL, and TX are also seeing a large influx of people from blue states.

I predict if not by 2020, certainly by 2024, FL, and TX will be blue because of the influx from other states and certainly because of all the ILLEGALS pouring over our borders.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 07:07:34 pm »
I am concerned for the 2020 election.  AZ is not the only state that is seeing an influx of people from states like CA because of high cost of living and taxes.  I'm not recalling specifically, but didn't Trump restructure taxes in blue states to be highger and now the blue states are experiencing a mass exodus into the red states. That's been by design perhaps? 

FL, and TX are also seeing a large influx of people from blue states.

I predict if not by 2020, certainly by 2024, FL, and TX will be blue because of the influx from other states and certainly because of all the ILLEGALS pouring over our borders.

The State and Local Tax deduction was capped at $10,000.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2019, 07:20:29 pm »
The State and Local Tax deduction was capped at $10,000.

Not much of a problem for a state like AZ.  Big problem for Cali.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: