Author Topic: ‘Fredo’ Is the New M-Word... Derek Hunter  (Read 151 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Fredo’ Is the New M-Word... Derek Hunter
« on: August 15, 2019, 01:27:45 pm »
‘Fredo’ Is the New M-Word
Derek Hunter

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 12:01 AM

Having worked in Washington, DC., since 2001, I’ve seen some really stupid things. Not just things done by me and my friends, but by those in power, those in so-called “respectable” positions. Nothing I’ve seen (or done) comes close to what we’ve all witnessed since the election of Donald Trump.

There were always people, usually on the left, who casually tossed around Hitler analogies, but they were quickly shutdown or dismissed as kooks. Godwin’s Law, which is “As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one,” held most people in check. Comparisons to one of history’s greatest monsters were not something people threw around lightly. More importantly, people recognized that once they did it, they’d lost the argument.

With Trump’s unexpected victory in the 2016 election, comparing people to Hitler not only started to become the default go-to in disagreements, there also seemed to be a competition among the media to see who could do it in the dumbest way possible.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2019/08/15/fredo-is-the-new-mword-n2551670
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34