Author Topic: Arizona baby rescued from hot car as mom shopped at Target: reports  (Read 385 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This is unbelievable and this is happening way too often!  What the heck is wrong with these parents??  I had two and never, ever forgot them, nor did I ever leave them in a car, even to go in to get a gas receipt.  I took the kids with me wherever I went. 

These are really sad times in our country ... I visited my local Walmart neighborhood market the other day and there was a sign on the entry door "Did you remember your children in the car"??  I was absolutely amazed.  Glad that they posted a sign, but having to remind parents to not leave their children in a car?  Seriously?  Right now we have temps. here in the 90's and it is stifling when you get into a car, how could any parent leave their child in a car??

Arizona baby rescued from hot car as mom shopped at Target: reports

Arizona police on Tuesday arrested a mother who had left her baby in a hot car while shopping in a Target with her three other children, according to reports.

Officers responded to a Target store in Chandler – about 25 miles south of Phoenix – about 4:22 p.m. summoned by a report of a baby locked in a parked car, The Arizona Republic reported, citing court documents.

The caller said the baby was crying and sweating, and the car wasn’t running.

The caller reportedly broke the window at the direction of the 911 dispatcher. The caller then gave the baby to firefighters who were at the scene, according to The Republic. Firefighters said the baby had high blood pressure but was otherwise in stable condition.

Chandler police had a Target manager announce the name of the child’s mother, Holli Platt, over the store intercom, Phoenix’s Fox 10 reported. She then rushed outside, leaving her three other children inside the store, according to the station. .....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-target-baby-hot-car

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Arizona baby rescued from hot car as mom shopped at Target: reports
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 12:33:17 am »
According to Accuweather, the high temp yesterday (Tuesday) in Chandler was 106, and on the previous Tuesday it was 102. So the outside temp when that baby was rescued was probably right around 100. Inside the car was probably well over 100, even if the egg donor had only just entered the Target store. How in Hades she could possibly have been unaware she was leaving the baby in the car, well, those are dots I cannot connect. I cannot figure how she could unload her other three children without seeing the baby, or hearing the baby, or counting noses, or at least one of the children reminding her about the baby.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 12:36:12 am »
According to Accuweather, the high temp yesterday (Tuesday) in Chandler was 106, and on the previous Tuesday it was 102. So the outside temp when that baby was rescued was probably right around 100. Inside the car was probably well over 100, even if the egg donor had only just entered the Target store. How in Hades she could possibly have been unaware she was leaving the baby in the car, well, those are dots I cannot connect. I cannot figure how she could unload her other three children without seeing the baby, or hearing the baby, or counting noses, or at least one of the children reminding her about the baby.

My home town until last Christmas.  That car interior was WAYYYY over 100F.  130-140F sounds about right.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 12:48:07 am »
My home town until last Christmas.  That car interior was WAYYYY over 100F.  130-140F sounds about right.

Quite believable. I lived in the Phoenix metro area for almost 6 years. Many summer nights never dipped below 90F. Then there were the night time summer thunder storms. You'd head for your car the next morning and you'd feel like you were swimming through the heat, it was so humid. I remember one where it rained so hard it set off a neighbor's car alarm. I waded out to see if there actually was a burglar, but it was just the rain. That was before car alarms had automatic timed shut-off, sooooooooo......

Cooked Kid season is one I'd much prefer never happened again.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:48:58 am by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 01:00:14 am »
Platt allegedly told police she had forgotten her baby because she’d been distracted by her other children, who were excited to buy things.

Holli can't count to four? **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 01:36:39 am »
Perhaps this woman thought if the father who left his kids in the car while he went to work could get away with the "I forgot them" excuse, maybe she could get away with it too. 

Honestly, I can't believe any parent could just forget one or more of their kids are in a hot car.