Author Topic: NRA Promised $6.5 Million to Buy Mansion for CEO Wayne LaPierre, Document Shows  (Read 1689 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-promised-6-5-million-to-buy-mansion-for-ceo-wayne-lapierre-document-shows-11565714149?shareToken=st7c833104e41a4ead8f2bbd20d61770f6

By Mark Maremont
Aug. 13, 2019

A top National Rifle Association executive signed a document agreeing that the gun-rights organization would be 99% owner of a company formed to buy a $6 million Dallas mansion for NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre, according to a copy of the document reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The document also shows the NRA agreed to contribute $6.5 million to the company formed to buy the property, raising yet more questions about the NRA’s previous statements that none of the gun-rights group’s money was to be used to purchase the house for Mr. LaPierre.

The house-purchase deal never happened, but conflicting explanations from the NRA and its former ad agency for the aborted transaction have renewed the focus on Mr. LaPierre’s financial dealings with the agency, Ackerman McQueen Inc.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The WSJ is no left-wing rag, either.

If the NRA is going to maintain its status, it's going to have to do something to get this guy out of office.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online LMAO

The WSJ is no left-wing rag, either.

If the NRA is going to maintain its status, it's going to have to do something to get this guy out of office.

One of the reasons why I do not belong to the NRA

I am a staunch second amendment supporter, along with other civil liberties, but I don’t want my money to be used to buy a mansion for someone else. I want my own mansion
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy