Author Topic: US baseball player's wife, son and mother-in-law 'murdered by brother-in-law'  (Read 533 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US baseball player's wife, son and mother-in-law 'murdered by brother-in-law'

US baseball player Blake Bivens' wife, one-year-old son and mother-in-law have been found dead at their home in rural Virginia on Tuesday, police say.

Bivens' brother-in-law Matthew Bernard was later arrested and charged him with three counts of first-degree murder.

Mr Bernard, 18, was found running naked near the property in Pittsylvania County, officials say.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49493889?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world&link_location=live-reporting-story

What a tragedy, my deepest condolences to this family and may God comfort those in need.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
There's a Go Fund Me fundraiser started up for Blake Bivens by Our Baseball Life.

For love of the game I donated $25, the best I can do near the end of the month. For even a modicum of relief; I can't say comfort because there's no comfort for this kind of atrocity. God bless and keep the Bivens family.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:15:08 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline GrouchoTex

While watching the Astros-Rays game last night, I'd check the live tweeter feed.
This showed up on it, and I was staggered by it.
18 yr. old kid, if I heard this correctly.
How does a 22 yr old Blake Biven's recover from something like this, if ever?
I pray for that young man.
I can't find an adjective to describe this.
None seem strong enough.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I pray for that young man.
I can't find an adjective to describe this.
None seem strong enough.
@GrouchoTex
Even the one I chose---atrocity---doesn't seem strong enough.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.