Author Topic: Border numbers dip below 100k for 1st time in months  (Read 447 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Border numbers dip below 100k for 1st time in months
« on: August 11, 2019, 10:45:27 am »
Border numbers dip below 100k for 1st time in months

By COLLEEN LONG / Associated Press
Posted Aug 10, 2019 at 7:30 AM

The number of migrants encountered by U.S. authorities at the southern border has dropped below 100,000 for the first time in five months amid increased collaboration with Mexico and Guatemala to crack down on the flow, according to government data released Thursday.

In July, there were 82,049 people encountered by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, down 21% from June when there were 104,344 people and down 43% from May. The number of families and minors crossing the border also dropped.

The monthly numbers from USCBP have become a yardstick by which President Donald Trump measures the success of his administration’s efforts to reduce immigration, his signature issue. The number of migrant families from Central America has risen sharply during his term despite his hardline policies.

Read more at: https://www.onlineathens.com/news/20190810/border-numbers-dip-below-100k-for-1st-time-in-months

Offline bilo

Re: Border numbers dip below 100k for 1st time in months
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 05:09:40 pm »
In July, there were 82,049 people encountered by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, down 21% from June when there were 104,344 people and down 43% from May. The number of families and minors crossing the border also dropped.

I know that there is a pattern that the numbers do drop at this time of year. However, I'm confident that Trump's efforts are a bigger factor. The Rats will never sit down and resolve our immigration laws and enforcement, but Trump's efforts with very little support from Pubs have been outstanding. I think as more of the wall gets built and Mexico along with Central American countries are pushed into stopping the flow of illegals we will see even more of a reduction.

It will be interesting to see how the American citizens respond when it's disclosed after the census is done that there are 35-40 million illegals in the country.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 07:43:10 pm »

Of course the numbers are down.  What idiot is going to walk through the desert in the hottest part of the summer?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 08:06:47 pm »
Of course the numbers are down.  What idiot is going to walk through the desert in the hottest part of the summer?

Only mad dogs and Englishmen, to paraphrase an old show tune. 

Online berdie

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 09:37:17 pm »

Yep...that was what I was going to post.

I'll be impressed when the weather cools off and the numbers drop.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 09:56:32 pm »
bilo wrote:
"It will be interesting to see how the American citizens respond when it's disclosed after the census is done that there are 35-40 million illegals in the country."

You must be kidding.
All the "usual sources" keep tellin' us it's 11 million.