Author Topic: Can robots make an Army platoon 10 times as effective?  (Read 330 times)

rangerrebew

Can robots make an Army platoon 10 times as effective?
« on: August 11, 2019, 02:57:41 pm »
Can robots make an Army platoon 10 times as effective?
By: Kelsey D. Atherton  

Robots like this could improve the situational awareness of a platoon, especially if autonomous and paired with intelligence-processing systems and able to communicate clearly with human teammates. (Patrick Albright / Army)

Are humans with robots an order of magnitude better than humans without robots? It’s the question the Army’s Maneuver Center for Excellence is hoping to solve through trial and experimentation. The National Advanced Mobility Consortium posted a request for white papers Aug. 5 about technologies that might have a place in a robotic, artificial intelligence (AI) and autonomy technology demonstration at Fort Benning in September 2020.

This project is long in the works, with an announcement of intent dating back to March 2019. The premise, as stated in the March announcement, is to “show a path towards an Army capability that will provide a robotically equipped dismounted infantry platoon that is 10 times more effective than the current dismounted infantry platoon.”

https://www.c4isrnet.com/unmanned/robotics/2019/08/08/can-robots-make-an-army-platoon-10-times-as-effective/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 02:59:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Can robots make an Army platoon 10 times as effective?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 03:10:56 pm »
To hell with the robots.

Go with carpet bombing first.

@rangerrebew
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley