Author Topic: Energy Transfer in talks to develop supertanker-ready crude oil export terminal  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Sergio Chapa Aug. 8, 2019

Dallas pipeline operator Energy Transfer is in talks to develop an offshore crude oil export terminal capable near Houston that will accommodate some of the largest tankers in the world.

Energy Transfer is seeking to build a crude oil export terminal capable of supporting Very Large Crude Carriers, or VLCCs, the company's chief financial officer Tom Long said during a Thursday morning earnings call.

Full details were not immediately available but Long said the crude oil export terminal would be connected to Energy Transfer's facility in Nederland, a Jefferson County town about 95 miles east of Houston.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Energy-Transfer-in-talks-to-develop-14290426.php

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Houston Chronicle by  Sergio Chapa Aug. 8, 2019

Dallas pipeline operator Energy Transfer is in talks to develop an offshore crude oil export terminal capable near Houston that will accommodate some of the largest tankers in the world.

Energy Transfer is seeking to build a crude oil export terminal capable of supporting Very Large Crude Carriers, or VLCCs, the company's chief financial officer Tom Long said during a Thursday morning earnings call.

Full details were not immediately available but Long said the crude oil export terminal would be connected to Energy Transfer's facility in Nederland, a Jefferson County town about 95 miles east of Houston.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Energy-Transfer-in-talks-to-develop-14290426.php

A Chronicle writer has to explain where Nederland is? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A Chronicle writer has to explain where Nederland is?
It's a long way from Houston as it is a suburb of Beaumont.

My first job was closer to Houston than Nederland is in a town called Pierce, Texas.

Without cheating on Google, do you know where that town is?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It's a long way from Houston as it is a suburb of Beaumont.

My first job was closer to Houston than Nederland is in a town called Pierce, Texas.

Without cheating on Google, do you know where that town is?

You got me until, I looked the population of Pierce.  According to wikipedia the population is 49. 

vs. Nederland which is almost 18,000.  Pretty much everyone in the Houston area knows where Nederland is,   Pierce?  Probably not.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

You got me until, I looked the population of Pierce.  According to wikipedia the population is 49. 

vs. Nederland which is almost 18,000.  Pretty much everyone in the Houston area knows where Nederland is,   Pierce?  Probably not.
The real Houstonians know, as it has a DPS office for driver licenses that has ridiculously short lines when compared to the lines one would stand in at DPS offices in Houston.

Not far a drive at all for Houstonians.

And the town is named after a contemporary of Richard King of King Ranch fame, Shanghai Pierce.
Interesting cattle baron who had one of the biggest ranches in Texas.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington