State Chapters > Florida

'Gun Violence Prevention Activist' Walks into FL Gun Shop, Asks for Something That Will Kill 200 Peo

<< < (2/5) > >>

InHeavenThereIsNoBeer:
What I want to know is why they referred to Walmart as a "gun shop".

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Jazzhead on August 09, 2019, 05:27:17 pm ---This is actually an argument for expanding background checks to sales at gun shows or requiring private sales to be effected through a licensed gun dealer.   A reputable licensed gun dealer, like a reputable owner of a liquor store,  has an incentive to police sales since he risks losing something very valuable to him - his license.

--- End quote ---

You've been told I don't know how many times that gun shows require background checks, but you keep on posting that leftist canard.  You are either not paying attention, or you are lying to a crowd of people who know better. 

Jazzhead:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on August 09, 2019, 05:38:05 pm ---You've been told I don't know how many times that gun shows require background checks, but you keep on posting that leftist canard.  You are either not paying attention, or you are lying to a crowd of people who know better.

--- End quote ---

I type in real time,  and if I misrepresented the facts regarding transactions at gun shows, I apologize.    I don't frequent such events.   

But my point remains valid  -  private sales should be effected through the medium of a licensed gun dealer,  because the gun dealer has an economic incentive to police the transaction

Here is a statement that I found on-line:

--- Quote --- Currently, federal law requires background checks (through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System) only for guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for 78% of all gun sales in the United States.
--- End quote ---

Do you disagree with it?   Facially, it appears that 22% of all gun sales do not involve background checks.  What is your objection to closing this loophole? 

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Jazzhead on August 09, 2019, 06:13:10 pm ---I type in real time,  and if I misrepresented the facts regarding transactions at gun shows, I apologize.    I don't frequent such events.   

But my point remains valid  -  private sales should be effected through the medium of a licensed gun dealer,  because the gun dealer has an economic incentive to police the transaction

--- End quote ---

Only if it can be done in a manner that doesn't make felons out of otherwise law-abiding people.  I've yet to see a scheme that doesn't do that, but I'm open to suggestions.

Jazzhead:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on August 09, 2019, 06:17:05 pm ---Only if it can be done in a manner that doesn't make felons out of otherwise law-abiding people.  I've yet to see a scheme that doesn't do that, but I'm open to suggestions.

--- End quote ---

Well, what about the suggestion I just made?   Require all private sales to be effected through the medium of a licensed gun dealer.   What is impractical or unreasonable about that?   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version