Author Topic: Will Any Single Intervention Eliminate Mass Shootings?  (Read 169 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will Any Single Intervention Eliminate Mass Shootings?
« on: August 09, 2019, 12:41:03 pm »
August 9, 2019
Will Any Single Intervention Eliminate Mass Shootings?
By Ted Noel, MD

With every mass shooting, after the obligatory "Orange Man Bad" screams, we hear that some particular change in the law would somehow be the perfect answer. After El Paso, we are told that that "Universal Background Checks" is the panacea. Not to be outdone, other voices screamed that we had to ban large-capacity magazines. And on, and on…

Of course, these loud shouts are emotional pleas of "Vote for Me! I'll Do Something!" They have nothing whatever to do with rational thought (HT to Andrew Wilkow). My task is to develop the facts in a way that allows me to present logical proposals that may have the prospect of remedying the supposed "epidemic" of mass shootings. The fact that mass shootings are not increasing and that the U.S. is not the king of mass shootings is unimportant. Any mass shooting is a tragedy, and if we can avoid tragedies, we should.

The most popular diagnosis is that the majority of shooters are "mentally ill." There are several problems with this glib answer. What sort of mental illness are we talking about? Depression? INCEL? Paranoid schizophrenia? This list is enormous. And most people with each of those pathologies do not commit crimes.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/08/will_any_single_intervention_eliminate_mass_shootings.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Will Any Single Intervention Eliminate Mass Shootings?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 01:55:17 am »
Most of these shooting events are so random that I believe there's essentially nothing that will stop them.

Even draconian measures that take away our freedoms won't stop them.

But then again, such measures aren't meant to "stop them".
They're meant to "stop" US...