Author Topic: Heading for civil war  (Read 467 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Heading for civil war
« on: August 08, 2019, 12:55:05 pm »
August 8, 2019
Heading for civil war
By Peter Skurkiss

Donald Trump’s opponents are completely unhinged. The hate and slander directed towards the president and his supporters is off the charts. The vitriol comes not just from the Democrat Party, the media, and the world of entertainment, but also from a sizable proportion of the federal bureaucracy and many seemingly ordinary people. 

The media coordinates this campaign and amplifies the hate at every opportunity. Media twist every event, be it big or small, into a criticism of the president. The goal is always to present Trump in not just an unfavorable light but to make him appear too loathsome for polite society. And Trump is not the sole target of this demonization. It is directed at his supporters, too.

Where will all this lead? No less than Angelo M. Codevilla fears it could ultimately result in a bloody civil war. And if it comes to that, there's no doubt where he places the blame. 

The story of the contemporary American Left's sponsorship of hate and violence began around 1964, when the Democratic Party chose to abandon the Southern constituencies that had been its mainstay since the time of Jefferson and Jackson. In less than a decade, the party found itself increasingly dependent on gaining super-majorities among blacks, upscale liberals, and constituencies of resentment in general -- and hence on stoking their hate.

For the past half century, America's political history has been driven by the Democratic Party's effort  to fire up these constituencies by denigrating the rest of America.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/heading_for_civil_war.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Heading for civil war
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 03:21:37 pm »
Sadly, Codevilla is exactly right.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 03:35:27 pm »
Sadly, Codevilla is exactly right.

@Bigun

Codevilla has been right for quite some time.

I'm sure that you remember his America’s Ruling Class—And the Perils of Revolution article that became a sensation back in 2010 when Rush mentioned it on the show.

Posting a link to it for anyone that may want to be refreshed on the content:

https://www.independent.org/publications/article.asp?id=4725

(I found that it is no longer available in the spectator.org archives, but was reprinted in the link above.)

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 03:41:22 pm »
@Bigun

Codevilla has been right for quite some time.

I'm sure that you remember his America’s Ruling Class—And the Perils of Revolution article that became a sensation back in 2010 when Rush mentioned it on the show.

Posting a link to it for anyone that may want to be refreshed on the content:

https://www.independent.org/publications/article.asp?id=4725

(I found that it is no longer available in the spectator.org archives, but was reprinted in the link above.)

Indeed @EdJames!  I posted the article at your link on FB at the time and got lots of responses.!

Here's the money quote IMHO: 
Today’s ruling class, from Boston to San Diego, was formed by an educational system that exposed them to the same ideas and gave them remarkably uniform guidance, as well as tastes and habits.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:43:35 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 04:18:48 pm »
Indeed @EdJames!  I posted the article at your link on FB at the time and got lots of responses.!

I'd say it is worth a read for anyone that may have not seen it 2010, or has forgotten about it.  And yes, that quote cuts to the core!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 04:20:49 pm »
I'd say it is worth a read for anyone that may have not seen it 2010, or has forgotten about it.  And yes, that quote cuts to the core!

:yowsa:  For sure! Post it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 05:51:02 pm »
For those who don't think the war is getting hot, check out the movie due to be released this weekend depicting brave leftists as hunters and deplorables as prey.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 05:53:17 pm »

@EdJames has a Bookface account and I don't have him on my Friends list like you??  How can this be?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 05:58:37 pm »
@EdJames has a Bookface account and I don't have him on my Friends list like you??  How can this be?

I don't know whether he does or not. Personally, I doubt it but if he does, I'm also not on it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 06:03:22 pm »

No man, I don't use FB anymore...  had one years ago when it first came out...  we have a couple of business accounts that an agency manages and populates, I don't even have the password to log in!  I get reports of ad results by email.

I think what @Bigun meant above was they he posted the link/article that I posted on *his* FB account years ago...

(If I ever decided to make a new account, both you guys will be on my list!)

:yowsa:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 06:08:49 pm »
No man, I don't use FB anymore...  had one years ago when it first came out...  we have a couple of business accounts that an agency manages and populates, I don't even have the password to log in!  I get reports of ad results by email.

I think what @Bigun meant above was they he posted the link/article that I posted on *his* FB account years ago...

(If I ever decided to make a new account, both you guys will be on my list!)

:yowsa:

888high58888  As I suspected and you are correct that I meant to say I posted it on my FB account when it came out.

- J. R. R. Tolkien