Author Topic: Retired Major General: Sexual Assault Allegations Against Hyten Lack Merit  (Read 404 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Retired Major General: Sexual Assault Allegations Against Hyten Lack Merit
Accuser's former boss says she should be court-martialed
Washington Free Beacon,  Aug 8, 2019, Jeffrey Cimmino

Heidi Brown, a retired U.S. Army major general, argued sexual assault allegations Gen. John Hyten lack merit in a piece for the Wall Street Journal published Thursday.

"Army Col. Kathryn Spletstoser's accusations are graphic and nauseating. But they are discredited by evidence," Brown writes in the Journal. "I have reviewed the written record of the case, including a redacted report from the Army Inspector General Office, and spoken with people involved. I served at Stratcom headquarters in Omaha, Neb., with both Gen. Hyten and Col. Spletstoser, including at the time of one of the claimed assaults. While she confided in me over various issues, she never brought up an assault by Gen. Hyten."

In 2018, Spletstoser was relieved of her position after being accused of "toxic leadership," which included "intimidating, abusive and threatening behavior toward subordinates." Hyten had approved an investigation which corroborated the claims against Spletstoser.

On the day she was relieved, police were sent to her home. She reportedly threatened that Hyten had "24 hours to rectify the situation, or [she] was going to kill [herself]." She was brought to a clinic.

In June 2018, Spletstoser began accusing superiors of various misdeeds, none of which included sexual misconduct and none of which were verified by the Army's Inspector General Office. Hyten and his staff were cleared of all charges by March 2019.

Spletstoser did not level the sexual assault charge until days after Hyten was nominated to the Joint Chiefs. According to Brown, Spletstoser had previously accused a superior of sexual misconduct.

Read more:  https://freebeacon.com/politics/retired-major-general-sexual-assault-allegations-against-hyten-lack-merit/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She tried to "Kavanaugh" the General.  She failed.  I hope she is brought up on charges.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
She tried to "Kavanaugh" the General.  She failed.  I hope she is brought up on charges.

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien