Author Topic: Putin Is A Tyrant, But Western 'Progressives' Are Destroying Civilization - CD Media  (Read 170 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Putin Is A Tyrant, But Western 'Progressives' Are Destroying Civilization - CD Media
by L Todd Wood August 6, 2019

After observing the recent demonstrations in downtown Moscow by students against unfair municipal elections, and the rabid anti-Trump snarls of the corrupt American media, and the seditious political establishment against POTUS in the United States in the last week, I have come to the conclusion that although Putin is a tyrant intent on staying in power, the treasonous Left in the West is after nothing less than the destruction of civilization.

Putin has imprisoned thousands recently, beaten some, and some face long prison terms for inciting unlawful demonstrations. He may have even had Boris Nemptsov and others killed. He has threatened, invaded former Soviet satellites and territories in Russia’s ‘near abroad’.

However, what he has done well is champion the Russian nation and Russian civilization, with all its faults, and successes.

Read more at: https://creativedestructionmedia.com/opinion/2019/08/06/putin-is-a-tyrant-but-western-progressives-are-destroying-civilization/

Linked up from https://tsarizm.com/

The above is sad but true, Progressives are as much of a threat or more per my view.... though, that could be over-the-top, we did survive Obama....

Offline goatprairie

It doesn't have to be either or.  A person can oppose both a tyrant and destructive ideologies.
Recent news reports from Russia show Putin losing support. That might just be wishful thinking, but he can't hang on forever.
However,  recent polls still show his support at over sixty percent. Maybe it's true that Russians love strong leaders more than they love the rule of law and democracy.
Some people say Putin wants is a return to the Russia that controls other countries, the old soviet empire.
I doubt average Russians want another war. I think a lot of Putin's tough talk/saber rattling is done to impress average Russians who bemoan the demise of the Soviet Union....which Putin has said himself was a catastrophe.
But what now is worse for world order and western civilization.....Putin or leftism?
 Islamism. Islamism is even worse than leftism. Muslims breed like rabbits and will outnumber the natives of many European nations inside fifty years.
Leftists can be somewhat reasoned with. Islamists, no.