Author Topic: Democratic Congresswoman Says Trump ‘Not Welcome’ In El Paso After Shooting  (Read 176 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Jason Hopkins
Immigration and politics reporter
August 05, 2019 11:05 AM ET

A Democratic congresswoman representing the El Paso, Texas, area declared Monday that President Donald Trump is not welcome in her city following a recent mass shooting.

“It is shocking to me that [President Trump] is so utterly self-aware, and this is why, from my perspective, he is not welcome here. He should not come here while we are in mourning,” Texas Democratic Rep. Veronica Escobar said Monday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” program.

Escobar’s comments came in the wake of a mass shooting at an El Paso shopping mall. A 21-year-old gunman allegedly killed at least 20 people and injured another 26 when he went on a shooting spree inside a Walmart on Saturday. A manifesto believed to have been posted by the alleged gunman warned of an “Hispanic invasion” taking place in the U.S.

The manifesto went on to claim that violent action was needed to stop the elimination of the white population in the U.S. and Europe. Investigators are now considering whether to weigh the mass shooting as a hate crime.

Escobar tried to directly link a Trump rally held in El Paso months earlier to the shooting, but then immediately walked those comments back.

“I heard Mika earlier mention that violence increased — statistically, violence went up, hate crimes went up — in communities where [Trump] had held rallies. He came into one of the safest communities in the nation, and as a result — or maybe not as a result. That is probably unfair. But months later, a gunman came into our community,” Escobar said, referring to Trump rally in El Paso held in February.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/05/escobar-trump-not-welcome-el-paso/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

Isn't she the one that sent paid staffers into Mexico to teach "asylum" seeker how to game the system?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
“I heard Mika earlier mention..." Escobar said.

Tells me all I need to know about Escobar.
Principles matter. Words matter.