Author Topic: Ten Congressmen Express 'Grave Concern,' 'Extreme Disappointment' with War College’s Surrender to '  (Read 285 times)

rangerrebew

Ten Congressmen Express 'Grave Concern,' 'Extreme Disappointment' with War College’s Surrender to 'Terrorist-Tied' CAIR
More vocal support for Shillman Fellow Raymond Ibrahim.
August 2, 2019

Editor’s note: In a recent letter, written and delivered to the Commandant of the US Army War College, ten members of Congress shared their “grave concern” that the USAWC “capitulated to the unfounded claims of CAIR [concerning Shillman Fellow Raymond Ibrahim and his book], and thus damaged the academic freedom and integrity of the high esteem in which the USAWC is held by many around the world….  Not only are we hearing from constituents – military and civilian – on this issue [click here for background], but we’re extremely disappointed in the decision to cancel Mr. Ibrahim and his voice on a critical, current issue in our Nation.”

This new missive complements an earlier one on the same topic from the National Association of Scholars to President Trump, which currently has nearly five thousand signatures (click here to add your name).

The complete letter from the ten Congressmen follows; it makes several excellent points, including how canceling Ibrahim’s lecture not only “jeopardizes academic freedom and the analytical ability critical for senior leaders, but also endangers national security in several ways”; and that for the War College to cater its “academic offerings to the demands of one side – especially one designated with terrorist ties – deprives our senior leaders of a balanced viewpoint and analysis critical to success on the battlefield and the future of our Nation.”

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/274502/ten-congressmen-express-grave-concern-extreme-frontpagemagcom

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I want to see Islam declared to be  nothing more than a political system instead of a religion.

Nothing less will satisfy me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
pete wrote:
"I want to see Islam declared to be  nothing more than a political system instead of a religion.
Nothing less will satisfy me."

The following will do it, and that would satisfy ME:
Change this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

To this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The followers of muhammed are specifically excluded and denied the protections of this amendment along with any and all other Constitutional protections. Neither the United States nor the Several States will offer such protections or liberties to the followers of muhammed."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
pete wrote:
"I want to see Islam declared to be  nothing more than a political system instead of a religion.
Nothing less will satisfy me."

The following will do it, and that would satisfy ME:
Change this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

To this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The followers of muhammed are specifically excluded and denied the protections of this amendment along with any and all other Constitutional protections. Neither the United States nor the Several States will offer such protections or liberties to the followers of muhammed."

@Fishrrman

Works, for me,and NOBODY can claim I am a devout Christian and that is the reason I am anti-Islam.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!