Author Topic: 'Send her back!?' All eyes on Trump Cincinnati rally Thursday to see if anti-Omar chant recurs  (Read 255 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Send her back!?' All eyes on Trump Cincinnati rally Thursday to see if anti-Omar chant recurs
by Rob Crilly
 | August 01, 2019 01:10 PM

President Trump travels to Cincinnati for a campaign rally on Thursday evening with all sides wondering how he will handle a repeat of the “send her back” chant that broke out in North Carolina last month.

Republican figures as well as Democrats expressed their disappointment that Trump did nothing to quiet a crowd that erupted after the president launched an attack on Ilhan Omar, the outspoken member of Congress from Minnesota.

He initially said he disagreed with the audience reaction, telling White House reporters, "I wasn't happy with that message."

And he suggested he had tried to resume his speech in order to shut down the chant, despite video evidence that showed him silent for at least 10 seconds.

Since then he has praised the “incredible people" and "incredible patriots" at the North Carolina rally.

That leaves Republicans such as Steve Chabot, who represents a Cincinnati-area district, to hope that Trump will react more quickly second time around.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/send-her-back-all-eyes-on-trump-cincinnati-rally-thursday-to-see-if-anti-omar-chant-recurs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Will they say it again? Fat chants.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I won't be at or watch the rally, but here's my response:

SEND HER BACK!

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.