Author Topic: Trump orders Navy to rescind medals given to prosecutors who failed to convict SEAL Eddie Gallagher  (Read 497 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump orders Navy to rescind medals given to prosecutors who failed to convict SEAL Eddie Gallagher
by Russ Read
 | July 31, 2019 04:11 PM

President Trump has ordered Navy officials to rescind medals given to Navy prosecutors who failed to secure a conviction against Special Warfare Chief Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who was charged with war crimes.

"The prosecutors who lost the case against SEAL Eddie Gallagher (who I released from solitary confinement so he could fight his case properly), were ridiculously given a Navy Achievement Medal," Trump said on Twitter Wednesday.

"Not only did they lose the case, they had difficulty with respect to information that may have been obtained from opposing lawyers and for giving immunity in a totally incompetent fashion. I have directed the Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer & Chief of Naval Operations John Richardson to immediately withdraw and rescind the awards. I am very happy for Eddie Gallagher and his family!"

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/trump-orders-navy-to-rescind-medals-given-to-prosecutors-who-failed-to-convict-seal-eddie-gallagher
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

If there was prosecutorial misconduct in the process, that should be investigated and if appropriate, disciplinary action taken.

More generally, is it my imagination, or have the military investigative and prosecution organizations been rather hostile to troops whose "sin" has merely been being effective? It seems like there have been a number of cases of prosecutorial over-reach and abuse.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
President Trump on Wednesday called on the Navy to rescind medals that had been awarded to the lawyers who prosecuted Edward "Eddie" Gallagher, just weeks after a jury in San Diego found the Navy SEAL not guilty on six of seven charges for his connection to the killing of a teenage Islamic State member in Iraq.

“The Prosecutors who lost the case against SEAL Eddie Gallagher (who I released from solitary confinement so he could fight his case properly), were ridiculously given a Navy Achievement Medal,” Trump tweeted. “Not only did they lose the case, they had difficulty with respect to information that may have been obtained from opposing lawyers and for giving immunity in a totally incompetent fashion.”

The president added: “I have directed the Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer & Chief of Naval Operations John Richardson to immediately withdraw and rescind the awards.”

Three lieutenants -- George O. Hageman, Brian P. John and Scott I. McDonald -- and a female officer whose name and rank were redacted by the Navy received Navy Achievement Medals just eight days after Gallagher was found not guilty on all but one charge.

Gallagher was accused of stabbing to death a 15-year-old ISIS fighter in 2017 and posing with the corpse for photos.

He faced seven criminal charges in all. Six of the most serious charges included premeditated murder, willfully discharging a firearm to endanger human life, retaliation against members of his platoon for reporting his alleged actions, obstruction of justice and the attempted murders of two noncombatants. On all of those charges, the jury in San Diego found him not guilty.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-calls-for-navy-to-rescind-medals-for-eddie-gallaghers-prosecutors
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline PeteS in CA

From Trump orders Navy to rescind awards given to prosecutors who lost case against Eddie Gallagher

"Highlights from SOC Gallagher's court martial included an egregious breach of the Defense's attorney-client privilege, significant Constitutional violations, and a surprise revelation by a government witness who apparently confessed to murder," the motion stated, referencing both the bungled spying operation by the government to find the source of media leaks that resulted in the removal of the lead prosecutor, Cmdr. Christopher Czaplak, and the shocking testimony of SO1 Corey Scott, who said that he, not Gallagher, killed the ISIS fighter by covering his breathing tube.

Maybe I'm too far removed from the military justice world to understand such things, but what I emphasized, to me, seems things that should be investigated and possibly prosecuted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

rangerrebew

Trump orders Navy to rescind awards given to prosecutors who lost case against Eddie Gallagher
Paul Szoldra
July 31, 2019 at 04:11 PM

President Donald Trump is ordering the Secretary of the Navy and Chief of Naval Operations to rescind awards given to prosecutors who were "ridiculously" awarded Navy Achievement Medals after losing the case against former SEAL Chief Eddie Gallagher, he said in a tweet on Wednesday.

"Not only did they lose the case, they had difficulty with respect to information that may have been obtained from opposing lawyers and for giving immunity in a totally incompetent fashion," Trump tweeted one day after Task & Purpose first reported prosecutors had received the awards in a July 10 ceremony.

"I have directed the Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer & Chief of Naval Operations John Richardson to immediately withdraw and rescind the awards," Trump continued. "I am very happy for Eddie Gallagher and his family!"

https://taskandpurpose.com/trump-navy-rescind-gallagher-awards

Offline Mod1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If there was prosecutorial misconduct in the process, that should be investigated and if appropriate, disciplinary action taken.

More generally, is it my imagination, or have the military investigative and prosecution organizations been rather hostile to troops whose "sin" has merely been being effective? It seems like there have been a number of cases of prosecutorial over-reach and abuse.

@PeterS

The unimaginative "wear red and march in a straight line" senior officers have ALWAYS hated anybody and anything new or out of the norm. Special Forces soldiers were dealing with this nonsense in VN,and it took Westmoreland putting his foot down to get them to back off. Like a child with a hammer that sees everything as a nail,these cretins would look around the areas they were based in or operating in,and see a remote SF camp off by itself somewhere,with just a few Americans and couple of hundred locals. They immediately came to the conclusion that since they would make EXCELLENT recon teams under THEIR command,and sometimes even ordered the local camp commander (A 0-3) to fall in line. This order was always refused because we had other things to do,and weren't even in their chain of command. This would REALLY piss off the Generals,who know that all of the SF troops in VN came under the command of a "lousy Colonel",so they would order the 5th SF Group Commanding Officer to "order your people in "xxxxx" to report to me tomorrow morning for a briefing". This was always followed by "No,I can't do that. MY commander is General Westmoreland in Saigon,so contact him and get him to tell me to do that,and I will. Until then I am going to continue to follow the orders I have already been given."

I have no doubt that a time or two they may have even been told to go piss up a rope,but was never in any of those meetings.

There was even a USMC General in I-Corps that Westmoreland personally flew to Da Nang to relieve him of his command and appoint his exec to replace him because a SF camp in his area of operation was overran that day by a mainforce NVA unit with 3 or 4 Soviet tanks,and several SF team members were killed as well as hundreds of locals that lived near the camp and worked there. They had repeatedly radioed this General for help because he was tasked to send them a relief force if they were ever being overan,and he flat refused. Even stated within the hearing of others that he didn't care if they all the insubordinate SOB's got killed.

IIRC,this was in 1967.

The few Americans who survived that day survived because another SF base was listening in on the radio messages,and they put together a small relief force and got a VN Air Force pilot to fly them there the next morning at dawn. They dug the wounded out of the collapsed command bunker,and rescued a couple of guys who had been outside and who fled to the jungle to hide once the NVA got through the wires.

Those men died PURELY because a USMC General Officer got his little feelings hurt because they wouldn't follow the illegal orders he gave them.

BTW,I forgot to mention he also refused to follow the radioed orders sent directly to him by Westmoreland that night to get his forces moving. THAT is why Westmoreland flew up there the next morning at dawn to relieve him and assign another officer to take over his command. There is no way in hell a 4 star general can allow another General Officer with fewer stars ignore  his orders that were pretty much made in public. He might have some political pull in DC that would allow him to get away with the lie that he was somewhere out of touch by radio and never received them,but there was no wall in hell he could get away with that after Westmoreland called him to attention in his office and issued the orders to him while looking him in the eye.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:39:01 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!