Author Topic: Stonehenge's Massive Megaliths May Have Been Moved into Place with Pig Lard  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ancient people may have moved some of the massive megaliths of Stonehenge into place by greasing giant sleds with pig lard, then sliding the giant stones on them across the landscape, a new study suggests.

After re-analyzing ceramic pots that earlier researchers believed were used to cook food, archaeologist Lisa-Marie Shillito concluded that many of those pots may have been used to collect fat that dripped off pigs as they were spit-roasted. The grease would have been stored as lard or tallow and used to lubricate the sleds most archaeologists believe were used to move the stones.

"Until now, there has been a general assumption that the traces of animal fat absorbed by these pieces of pottery were related to the cooking and consumption of food, and this steered initial interpretations in that direction," Shillito said in a statement. "But there may have been other things going on as well, and these residues could be tantalizing evidence of the greased sled theory."...

https://www.livescience.com/65974-stonehenge-stones-moved-with-lard.html

Offline roamer_1

Stonehenge's Massive Megaliths May Have Been Moved into Place with Pig Lard

Oh, here we go...  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Megaliths are found all across Northern Europe.

But today we have places in the US that can't do clean water, and rodent coltrol.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Joe Wooten

That'll keep the muzzies away......

Offline PeteS in CA

Well that ain't kosher! ****drummer

When I first saw the title of this thread my mind "saw" "... Moved into Place by Pig Lizard" (think "Galaxy Quest")! ****drummer
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
It should come as no surprise that lard was used as a lubricant.   On my lathe, lard mixed with around 1/3 turpentine, makes a great threading compound.

Offline roamer_1

It should come as no surprise that lard was used as a lubricant.   On my lathe, lard mixed with around 1/3 turpentine, makes a great threading compound.

That isn't the wonderment. Stones big enough to crush a wooden sledge, in largely swampy ground, over corduroy roads (that the weight would also crush)... The suggestion of lubricants is quite beside the point. Not to mention that there are not enough pigs in all England to make the lard.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

That isn't the wonderment. Stones big enough to crush a wooden sledge, in largely swampy ground, over corduroy roads (that the weight would also crush)... The suggestion of lubricants is quite beside the point. Not to mention that there are not enough pigs in all England to make the lard.

There's a highway right next to it. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline roamer_1

There's a highway right next to it.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Oh yeah. I guess I forgot.

:silly: :beer: