Author Topic: Santino William Legan: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know (GARLIC FESTIVAL SHOOTER)  (Read 1608 times)

rangerrebew

Santino William Legan: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

By Ellyn Santiago   

Updated Jul 29, 2019 at 1:29pm

Santino William Legan has been identified as the 19-year-old suspect accused of killing three people and wounding several others in a mass shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in California, according to CBS News. The shooting Sunday night on the final day of the annual charity event at Christmas Hill Park in Gilroy left three dead, 12 injured and the suspected shooter, Legan, killed by police. Several others were injured in the chaos after shots were fired, but were not shot, authorities said.

The dead include 6-year-old Stephen Romero. Romero’s grandmother and mother were also shot, but are expected to survive.

Police said he was armed with an “SKS AK-47-type assault rifle” that was “purchased legally” by Legan in Nevada on July 9. He was reportedly living with family members in Nevada.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/07/santino-william-legan/

rangerrebew

If he is part Iranian, this story will die a quick death. :thud:

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online rustynail

“SKS AK-47-type assault rifle” is a description of Two Different weapons.

Offline PeteS in CA

MSM ignorance with regard to guns is legendary and willful.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

Actually two different weapons and a myth.

Offline mountaineer

MSM ignorance with regard to guns is legendary and willful.
But, but, they've convinced me that  all semi-automatic weapons are assault rifles!!   *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

But, but, they've convinced me that  all semi-automatic weapons are assault rifles!!   *****rollingeyes*****

All assault rifles are black.

Offline roamer_1

That's so rayciss!
 :tongue2:

Offline Idiot

GMA reported this morning that he had ties to a white nationalist group.

Offline mountaineer

GMA reported this morning that he had ties to a white nationalist group.
From the L.A. Times:
... Before the attack, he posted a photo on Instagram with the caption, “Ayyy garlic festival time come get wasted on overpriced ...,” using an expletive.

He also posted a photo of a Smokey Bear sign warning about fire danger, with a caption instructing people to read an obscure novel glorified by white supremacists: “Might Is Right” published under the pseudonym Ragnar Redbeard. In his profile, which has since been deleted, Legan identified himself as being of Italian and Iranian descent.

The book, published in 1890, includes discredited principles related to social Darwinism that have been used to justify racism, slavery and colonialism, said Brian Levin, director of Cal State San Bernardino’s Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism. ...
More

Offline mountaineer

New York Post:
... A caption on a second photo posted a short time later heaped praise upon an obscure 19th-century manifesto embraced by white supremacists for its vile views.

“Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard,” urges the caption, before the writer injects some bigotry of his own: “Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white tw-ts?”

“Mestizo” is a slur against people of mixed racial heritage, often white and Hispanic.

That caption was attached to a photo of Smokey Bear holding a sign with a macabre double entendre: “Fire danger high today!”  ...

Gilroy Police Chief Scot Smithee confirmed that investigators believe Legan had been staying for some time with relatives in Nevada, where he legally purchased the rapid-fire assault weapon on July 9.  ...
"Rapid-fire"? Is that like semi-automatic?
https://nypost.com/2019/07/29/gilroy-shooter-santino-william-legan-posted-racist-rants-on-social-media/

They keep referring to an AK-47 style or assault style weapon, but what the heck was it really?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
New York Post:"Rapid-fire"? Is that like semi-automatic?
https://nypost.com/2019/07/29/gilroy-shooter-santino-william-legan-posted-racist-rants-on-social-media/

They keep referring to an AK-47 style or assault style weapon, but what the heck was it really?

The media will do anything and everything they can to make an AK...an SKS...or an AR 15 sound more sinister and evil as humanly possible.  "Rapid fire" is just the newest way of doing that.  Never mind the fact that any civilian AK...like the AR-15 is single round fire only.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

New York Post:"Rapid-fire"? Is that like semi-automatic?

It was an WASR-10 semiautomatic rifle. He purchased it on July 9 at Big Mike’s Guns & Ammo in Fallon, Nevada. Legan has a relative who lives in Fallon, it was reported.

And while it was a legal purchase there, Legan violated California’s ban on assault weapons when he brought it into the state, the Chronicle reported, citing federal law officials.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/07/santino-william-legan-wasr-rifle-banned-california/

https://www.centuryarms.com/wasr-144.html

Accepts all standard AK mags.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-review-century-arms-wasr-10-romanian-ak/

California Residents:
WARNING: THIS PRODUCT CAN EXPOSE YOU TO CHEMICALS INCLUDING LEAD, WHICH IS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER AND BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM. FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO WWW.P65WARNINGS.CA.GOV
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 02:35:39 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

Thanks, thackney. The way the media report on guns, it could have been anything from a nibbled Pop Tart to a bazooka.

Offline PeteS in CA

“Mestizo” is a slur against people of mixed racial heritage, often white and Hispanic.

Yes, it's a slur ... that refers to Latin Americans of mixed Spanish and Indian ancestry. Not "white and Hispanic". At least the NYP was honest enough to include "Silicon Valley white tw-ts" from the murderer's rant. It demonstrates that the murderer was not a white supremacist. I haven't seen more about the murderer, but I still suspect he was bullied and pissed that he wasn't getting the casual hook-ups he imagined he deserved.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline verga

That's RACIST!!!!!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If he is part Iranian, this story will die a quick death. :thud:

@rangerrebew

If he were an illegal alien it wouldn't even be reported on outside of that county unless they could somehow make him into a hero for "fighting back against a lifetime of discrimination."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

Indulging in some speculation:

* Whether a terrorist is a Jihadi or a white supremacist, their purposes if they perpetrate an incident like this would be lots of blood being shed and a big publicity splash;

* Murderous twit lived and bought his weapon in Fallon, NV, well over 300 miles' and about 5 hours' drive from Gilroy;

* Murderous twit grew up in Gilroy and attended, if not graduated from, Gilroy HS;

* Depending on his route, murderous twit drove through 3 or 4 cities with minor league baseball teams (Reno, Sacramento, San Jose, with Stockton being route dependent); he also drove close to the SF Giants' and the Oakland As' stadiums as well as near the minor league stadium in Modesto; without checking schedules, it's safe to guess that several of these teams had games that weekend (lots of attendees), and parking lot security would have been less tight.

That murderous twit bypassed much easier closer opportunities strongly suggests that his purpose was to hurt the people and town of Gilroy, not some sort of jihadi or white supremacist terror attack.

Keep in mind that my speculation plus a fiver will get you coffee and change at Starchucks.

Offline goatprairie

Yes, it's a slur ... that refers to Latin Americans of mixed Spanish and Indian ancestry. Not "white and Hispanic". At least the NYP was honest enough to include "Silicon Valley white tw-ts" from the murderer's rant. It demonstrates that the murderer was not a white supremacist. I haven't seen more about the murderer, but I still suspect he was bullied and pissed that he wasn't getting the casual hook-ups he imagined he deserved.
It's a slur? Really? Not according to the Mexican government.
 "and the word mestizo acquired its current meaning, it being used by the government to refer to all Mexicans who do not speak indigenous languages,"
Over the years I've come to learn that mestizo is an ethnic term like creole or even Scots-Irish.

Offline PeteS in CA

"and the word mestizo acquired its current meaning, it being used by the government to refer to all Mexicans who do not speak indigenous languages,"
Over the years I've come to learn that mestizo is an ethnic term like creole or even Scots-Irish.

Historically, yes, "mestizo" is an ethnic slur. I gave both the historical meaning and understanding. If the Mexican government is trying to rehabilitate the word by evolving its meaning, that's a different matter. More to the point at hand, though, the sentence from the murderous twit's social media post makes it clear he was using the word closer to its historic meaning, as an ethnic slur (unless "Silicon Valley white tw-ts" was a compliment).

Offline goatprairie

Historically, yes, "mestizo" is an ethnic slur. I gave both the historical meaning and understanding. If the Mexican government is trying to rehabilitate the word by evolving its meaning, that's a different matter. More to the point at hand, though, the sentence from the murderous twit's social media post makes it clear he was using the word closer to its historic meaning, as an ethnic slur (unless "Silicon Valley white tw-ts" was a compliment).
Interesting, because going back many decades I've heard or read the word without the person(s)  using it ever treating it as some kind of slur.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@goatprarie

Ok,learn something new every day.Thanks!

I actually thought Mestizo were Mexicans that were mostly the descendants of the Indian tribes that lived there.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Interesting, because going back many decades I've heard or read the word without the person(s)  using it ever treating it as some kind of slur.

@goatprairie

I lived in Denver for 5 or 6 years in the 70's,and had more than a few His and Her Panic friends. Even lived in what was called a "Mexican neighborhood". The only real insult I was aware of that was related to these people was to call one of them a "Mexican" if he or she was born there. Never met a single one that got hysterical about it because they understood I meant no insult and just didn't know any better,but they damn sure wanted EVERYONE to know they were Americans.

Given the way the illegals and their offsprung acted,I can't say I blame them.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Same here. Here in California, one can discuss Hispanic factors, openly if done so without disrespect.

As kids decades ago, using slurs was not cool.

Beaner, wetback, Pachuko  Cholo would be a few.

My wife is an olive skinned pure Italian.
she has been mistaken for Hispanic (or Mexican), all of her life.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln