Author Topic: California: Police Respond to Reports of Shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival  (Read 6785 times)

Offline goatprairie

LOL hahaha
I don't know where the hell you came up with that idea, but it is ridiculous. Go to Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi, Egypt, Yemen, etc...and tell them that they are all a bunch of White People. I don't think it would go over very well. But you are welcome to try. Regardless of how America may or may not classify them, they certainly would never call themselves caucasians or White people. They refer to themselves as Semites with what is called Olive skin tone.

Having lived over there for several years, in a few different countries, I can tell you absolutely that these are not caucasians. Skin tone varies widely as it does in all nations but the variation goes from deep brown almost black to light brown. Think of India for example. While there are some legitimately caucasian people living there, they are but a segment of the population. And they usually have come there from Europe.

If we are going to call Arabs and Persians caucasians, then we would have to call Spanish and Indian people caucasians as well. Because they all look so similar in terms of the various skin tones. Maybe CNN got it right. Maybe Zimmerman is a White guy after all?

Zimmerman

Arabs

Persians - Iran Revolutionary Guard

Italians

People of India

I've  had friends and cousins of Arab ancestry. They were never considered anything else but other white people.  Semitic peoples are just a subgroup of caucasians. Like Germanics, Slavs, Latins, and other subgroups.
You think Spaniards aren't considered white?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
LOL hahaha
I don't know where the hell you came up with that idea, but it is ridiculous. Go to Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi, Egypt, Yemen, etc...and tell them that they are all a bunch of White People. I don't think it would go over very well. But you are welcome to try. Regardless of how America may or may not classify them, they certainly would never call themselves caucasians or White people. They refer to themselves as Semites with what is called Olive skin tone.

Having lived over there for several years, in a few different countries, I can tell you absolutely that these are not caucasians. Skin tone varies widely as it does in all nations but the variation goes from deep brown almost black to light brown. Think of India for example. While there are some legitimately caucasian people living there, they are but a segment of the population. And they usually have come there from Europe.

If we are going to call Arabs and Persians caucasians, then we would have to call Spanish and Indian people caucasians as well. Because they all look so similar in terms of the various skin tones. Maybe CNN got it right. Maybe Zimmerman is a White guy after all?

Zimmerman

Arabs

Persians - Iran Revolutionary Guard

Italians

People of India

You might want to become informed on this topic before you try to correct others.  Hahaha and all that.

Offline PeteS in CA

None of those were even remotely Christian.

Welllllll ... I think Manson thought he was Jesus, and his "family" certainly believed in him.  ****drummer
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Welllllll ... I think Manson thought he was Jesus, and his "family" certainly believed in him.  ****drummer

:laugh:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You might want to become informed on this topic before you try to correct others.  Hahaha and all that.
@Sanguine
Well whatever. I will concede the point to superior minds, superior intelligence and all that.
But I still think you are all nuts.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
Well whatever. I will concede the point to superior minds, superior intelligence and all that.
But I still think you are all nuts.

Again, all you have to do is become educated on this topic.

Here, I'll help a bit:

Aryan - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan
Anonymous View

Aryan has as its root a term that was used as a self-designation by Indo-Iranian people. The term was used by the ...
People of Iran: History of Iran: The Origins of Aryan People
http://www.iranchamber.com/people/articles/aryan_people_origins.php
Anonymous View

Iranian People & Tribes. The Origins of Aryan People By: M. Sadeq Nazmi-Afshar I am Darius, the great king, the king of kings. The king of many countries and ...
How 'Iran' and 'Aryan' are connected - Jewish World - Haaretz ...
https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/1.5127018
Anonymous View

May 30, 2010 ... Thinking about Iran and the Bomb the other day it struck me as a curious coincidence that, for the second time in some of our lifetimes, Jews are ...
Why did Hitler consider Iranians to be Aryans and Russians not ...
https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Hitler-consider-Iranians-to-be-Aryans-and-Russians-not
Anonymous View

The irony is that it wasn't Persian nationalists who started this "Iran is Aryan" thing, it was Europeans. And the purpose was essentially the same ...
Aryans in Iran - GlobalSecurity.org
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/history-aryans.htm
Anonymous View

Nov 20, 2011 ... The Aryan race is mentioned in Old Persian sources from around 500 BC onwards. The word Iran itself means 'the Land of Aryans.' Indians and ...
Iranian Identity, the 'Aryan Race,' and Jake Gyllenhaal - Tehran ...
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/tehranbureau/2010/08/post-2.html
Anonymous View

Aug 6, 2010 ... This pronouncement highlights the resilience of what I call the "Aryan syndrome" in modern Iran. A historical detour is necessary to show why it ...

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Thank You!
I will look into the information you provided.
Thx
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

Report: California shooter honored relative named for Islamic figure
Also complained about 'mestizos' and 'white tw*ts'
Published: 1 hour ago

The 19-year-old California man suspected of shooting up the Gilroy Garlic festival, killing two children and a 20-something man, apparently hated “Mestizos” and “white tw*ts” but had a heart for a grandfather whose namesake is a key figure in Shia Islam.

Authorities said 6-year-old Stephen Luciano Romero of San Jose, a 13-year-old girl and young man were killed at the festival Sunday about 80 miles southeast of San Francisco.

The gunman, now dead, was identified as Santino William Legan. ...

He shared just three photos on his Instagram account. One depicted Ali Asghar Vahabzadeh, Legan’s maternal grandfather.

An Iranian source told LauraLoomer.us that anybody who idolizes Ali Asghar – Legan’s grandfather’s namesake – would view themselves as a Shia zealot to Islam.

An Iranian website explains Ali Asghar was an infant descended from Muhammad who was brought to a confrontation between armies when one side was pleading for water.  ...

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2019/07/report-california-shooter-honored-relative-named-for-islamic-figure/#SEOKgaRbVeCEWrOR.99

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

An interesting aside - Hitler believed that Iranians were Aryan, nd at the same time believed slavic Russians were untermensch.

Kinda flies in the face of the way history is taught these days.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Caucasian vs. White
Caucasian has two fairly distinct meanings, and the difference between them occasionally leads people to aver that one of them is incorrect. The earliest sense of the word is a literal one: “of or relating to the Caucasus (a region in southeastern Europe between the Black and Caspian seas) or its inhabitants.” The second refers to the racial group commonly referred to as white.

The objection to using Caucasian to refer to a white person is that many whites do not actually come from the Caucasus region. Be this as it may, there is no rule in language stipulating that the formation of a word must be based on logic; were this the case we would not call members of this racial group either Caucasian or white, since there are very few whose skin color is in fact that exact shade.

You are right, scientifically. I am right, in terms of common usage. If you are mugged and tell the Cops it was a group of caucasians who did it, they are not going to look for a group of Arabs, or Persians. They will be looking for White guys. That is the way the word is used in America, even though it is incorrect. Common usage vs. Scientific definition.

According to what I have read, the usage of caucasian to refer to White people, while ubiquitous in America, is scientifically incorrect. The term caucasian is much broader than only White people. This means that you are right and I am wrong. I am a victim of my culture. What can I say?

I apologize. Now I understand what you guys are talking about. I learned something new today. 

First introduced in the 1780s by members of the Göttingen School of History, the term denoted one of three purported major races of humankind (Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Caucasian vs. White
Caucasian has two fairly distinct meanings, and the difference between them occasionally leads people to aver that one of them is incorrect. The earliest sense of the word is a literal one: “of or relating to the Caucasus (a region in southeastern Europe between the Black and Caspian seas) or its inhabitants.” The second refers to the racial group commonly referred to as white.

The objection to using Caucasian to refer to a white person is that many whites do not actually come from the Caucasus region. Be this as it may, there is no rule in language stipulating that the formation of a word must be based on logic; were this the case we would not call members of this racial group either Caucasian or white, since there are very few whose skin color is in fact that exact shade.

You are right, scientifically. I am right, in terms of common usage. If you are mugged and tell the Cops it was a group of caucasians who did it, they are not going to look for a group of Arabs, or Persians. They will be looking for White guys. That is the way the word is used in America, even though it is incorrect. Common usage vs. Scientific definition.

According to what I have read, the usage of caucasian to refer to White people, while ubiquitous in America, is scientifically incorrect. The term caucasian is much broader than only White people. This means that you are right and I am wrong. I am a victim of my culture. What can I say?

I apologize. Now I understand what you guys are talking about. I learned something new today. 

First introduced in the 1780s by members of the Göttingen School of History, the term denoted one of three purported major races of humankind (Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid).

It's a fascinating subject, but not of much use in the real world.  "Race" is such a loaded and inexact term, it's almost useless, except in small, well-defined situations.

Offline goatprairie

This is Omer Asik who played in the NBA for a number seasons. Asik is from Turkey.  See how pale/pink-skinned he is.  There are many Turks who look like him. In fact, there's another Turk in the NBA, Cedi Osman, who is almost as pale as Asik.
And in northern Europe, many Finns and Estonians are descended from Turkic stock.
Sure, many Turks, Jews,  and other peoples from the mideast are swarthy.
But skin color does not necessarily signify somebody as white or whatever.  Three of my siblings are blond haired, blue eyed, Nordic-looking. I and two other siblings have slightly darker skin, brown hair/eyes.  Same parents.
But we're all considered white. I'm not sure that means anything.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:17:35 pm by Mod1 »

Offline thackney

Caucasian vs. White

The Iranians I have worked with over the past few decades would be insulted if lumped together with Arabs.  They were all very clear they were not arabs, not related to arabs.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If any connection with the left or islam shows up, watch for the press to drop this one quickly...

I read the kid was 19, and used an "assault rifle" (whatever that might be, ha).

If it was an AR-15 or equivalent, could he legally purchase one in CA?

Offline Applewood

@240B

This article has much of what I want to do about the shooter.  I don't really care about his skin color or ethnicity.

Offline mountaineer

If any connection with the left or islam shows up, watch for the press to drop this one quickly...
Please check out my post above.

Offline thackney

I read the kid was 19, and used an "assault rifle" (whatever that might be, ha).

If it was an AR-15 or equivalent, could he legally purchase one in CA?

Yes, with limitations.  See link:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/california-legal-ar-15/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

I heard he bought it in NV, which I assume means he showed ID with a Nevada address.

Offline Applewood

I heard he bought it in NV, which I assume means he showed ID with a Nevada address.

I believe I read he was living in Nevada and that the firearm was ourchased legally.  On that note:

Firearms dealer in Nevada says it sold rifle used in Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting

A Fallon firearms dealer says it sold the rifle allegedly used in the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting.
"I did not know this individual," reads the post from Big Mike's Guns and Ammo. "He ordered the rifle of my internet page. When I did see him, he was acting happy and showed no reasons for concern."
"The shooter in CA, I hope you rot in hell," the business said in a separate post. "We pray for the victims. My heart hurts for all of them."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/07/29/gilroy-shooting-nevada-gun-dealer-sold-rifle-shooter/1863148001/

Offline goatprairie

Oh, yes indeed the gun grabbers are all het up about "assault" rifles. I guess it's just impossible to murder anybody without one.
Obviously, bolt action rifles or pump shotguns  could never be used to shoot people.  :whistle:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The gunman was named on Monday by CBS as Santino William Legan, a 19-year-old boy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7295959/Eleven-people-injured-shooting-Gilroy-Garlic-Festival-California-police-say.html
A 'boy'?  I call him the same as Trump did, a 'wicked murderer'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

@Applewood

When being white is a problem:
I am of English/Scottish genes.  Husband was English genes.  Son is definitely white with blue eyes, same as I am.

During the period bad guys were taking over airplanes and killing people, son was making documentary films all over the world (same as he does now).  The bad guys went after Americans to kill them if they were on those planes they took over.  Son had lived long enough in England that he had picked up the English accent.  When he got on a plane, he hid his American Passport and hoped his British accent would save him if the plane was taken.

I was in London, England one time of many, and was taken to an Indian restaurant.  The person taking us there, told me not to say anything in the restaurant as they didn't like Americans and might ask me to leave.

When in London, always went to Harrods Department Store to buy tea.  The tea area has men clerks dressed in black suits and they don't care for Americans coming in their tea store.  However, I had a gimmick to make them love me.  I would go to one and say, "Do you have any First Flush Darjeeling?"  I was instantly accepted as knowledgeable about tea, and he would take me where the First Flush Darjeeling was.  From that point, I could browse around all the teas with their blessing.

Offline mountaineer

A 'boy'?  I call him the same as Trump did, a 'wicked murderer'.
Had he been an innocent victim of a shooting, the news media would have referred to him as "man." It's rare for them to refer to a male age 18 and older as anything but "man."

Offline Idiot

@Applewood

When being white is a problem:
I am of English/Scottish genes.  Husband was English genes.  Son is definitely white with blue eyes, same as I am.

During the period bad guys were taking over airplanes and killing people, son was making documentary films all over the world (same as he does now).  The bad guys went after Americans to kill them if they were on those planes they took over.  Son had lived long enough in England that he had picked up the English accent.  When he got on a plane, he hid his American Passport and hoped his British accent would save him if the plane was taken.

I was in London, England one time of many, and was taken to an Indian restaurant.  The person taking us there, told me not to say anything in the restaurant as they didn't like Americans and might ask me to leave.

When in London, always went to Harrods Department Store to buy tea.  The tea area has men clerks dressed in black suits and they don't care for Americans coming in their tea store.  However, I had a gimmick to make them love me.  I would go to one and say, "Do you have any First Flush Darjeeling?"  I was instantly accepted as knowledgeable about tea, and he would take me where the First Flush Darjeeling was.  From that point, I could browse around all the teas with their blessing.
You are quite brave identifying yourself as a "white" person....lol.  Who in a million years would guess that this would be an issue.....