Author Topic: Trump's Son-in-Law Jared Kushner Owns Baltimore Area Housing Projects That Have Racked Up Hundreds o  (Read 1292 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's Son-in-Law Jared Kushner Owns Baltimore Area Housing Projects That Have Racked Up Hundreds of Building Code Violations
By Jason Lemon On 7/28/19 at 2:40 PM EDT

President Donald Trump spent much of his weekend attacking Baltimore and Democratic Representative Elijah Cummings whose district includes much of the Baltimore metropolis. The president called the area "a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess" where "no human being would want to live." What Trump failed to mention was that his son-in-law Jared Kushner actually owns a number of nearby housing projects that have racked up hundreds of building violations.

Kushner, who is a senior White House adviser and maintains ownership of these properties despite his administration role, was reported to have racked up more than 200 code violations for apartments his company owned back in November 2017, according to then Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz.

Kushner Cos., Trump's son-in-law's company, accrued all those violations in that calendar year and only made repairs after the county threatened to impose fines and to withhold Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) payments for the low income properties.

"Contrary to the assertions of the Kushner Cos. that they are in compliance with local laws, our inspectors identified and cited more than 200 code violations in properties owned by Jared Kushner," Kamenetz said at the time.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-jared-kushner-baltimore-housing-projects-racked-code-violations-1451479?utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=NewsweekFacebookSF&utm_medium=Social&fbclid=IwAR3QKXYFkUrMfZrYnNAd-pN6fjQ3mhExAPNGQkEm_0bphueuNzM7jY4KWUM
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

I notice some missing data. Like:

* When did Kushner Cos. acquire the buildings?

* Were those threats of fines part of the initial notification of violations or separate and subsequent to notification?

* If Kushner Cos. still owns the buildings, why no mention of 2018?

* If Kushner Cos. still owns the buildings, why no mention of 2019?

* Does President Trump even know of the facts NewSpeak claims?

I know that sounds nit-picky, but I've learned that lying-by-omission is standard practice in the MSM when it comes to Rs and political conservatives, and has been for years, if not decades. And each question is quite relevant and the answers could, ummmmmm, be inconvenient to NewSpeak's narrative.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Bill Cipher

Oopsie!  Maybe Trump should be addressing Kushner as well. 

Offline PeteS in CA

Well, you have to consider the source regarding this article[/url, but it may answer my first question above:

According to the New York Times Kushner’s company received an investment nearing $30m from Menora Mivtachim, one of Israel’s largest insurers, in the spring of 2017, shortly before the president and his son-in-law visited the country. According to the report, the funds were directed into a Maryland development.

IOW, those building violations called out in November, 2017 may have accumulated under the previous owner. And Kushner Cos. had had very little time to learn of and fix them. Funny, how NewSpeak left out this narrative-complicating information. FWIW, I found this by consulting W'pedia's article on Kushner Cos. and following a footnote, not the most sophisticated or obscure way of finding information.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Those violations accrued in 2017 according to various sources, not before that, and Kushner was in the Baltimore area market beginning at least in 2011, so these undoubtedly occurred on his watch.

Was it "his watch" if he's not involved in running his business(es) while a special advisor to the President?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Frank Cannon racks up more code  violations in a moth that that piker Kurshner does in a year.. 
Besides, It is public housing.  Look at your tenants. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Bill Cipher

Was it "his watch" if he's not involved in running his business(es) while a special advisor to the President?

It certainly was his watch since he was in there well before 2017 and presumably established the policies under which these properties were operated.

Oh, but I forgot, his surname is Trump, so he’s a divine messenger who simply cannot be responsible for anything bad, and only gets credit for good things.

Of course, a Trump is simply incapable of doing anything wrong. 

It must be someone else’s fault. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It certainly was his watch since he was in there well before 2017 and presumably established the policies under which these properties were operated. 

Nice try, counselor, but in your eagerness to convict my client you cleared him.  If there were no violations prior to 2017 it proves Kushner was running the place correctly.  His absence caused the problems.  Here's what you wrote: 

Those violations accrued in 2017 according to various sources, not before that, and Kushner was in the Baltimore area market beginning at least in 2011, so these undoubtedly occurred on his watch.

Thanks again, counselor. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Yes.

You can begin by reading at paragraph nine of the article. It covers how Jared began the push to acquire properties like this, beginning in 2011. Along with maintenance issues, there’s also the fact the Kushner group engaged in questionable legal tactics to sue former tenants that had moved out legally. A couple excerpts...

“Our goal is to keep buying and incrementally growing — they’re good markets where you can get yield,” Jared Kushner told Multifamily Executive in October 2011, predicting that the net income for the year’s purchases would be $14 million within a year.

[snip]

A year later, in August 2012, a Kushner-led investment group bought 5,500 multifamily units in the Baltimore area with $371 million in financing from Freddie Mac, the government-backed mortgage lender — another considerable bargain. Two years later, Kushner Companies picked up three more complexes in the Baltimore area for $37.9 million.

[snip]

The worst troubles may have been those described in a 2013 court case involving Jasmine Cox’s unit at Cove Village. They began with the bedroom ceiling, which started leaking one day. Then maggots started coming out of the living room carpet. Then raw sewage started flowing out of the kitchen sink. “It sounded like someone turned a pool upside down,” Cox told me. “I heard the water hitting the floor and I panicked. I got out of bed and the sink is black and gray, it’s pooling out of the sink and the house smells terrible.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-beleaguered-tenants-of-kushnerville
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

Frank Cannon racks up more code  violations in a moth that that piker Kurshner does in a year.. 

In this space we have a new Goodwin's Law, when that Pennsylvanian Slum Lords are brought up you must post a picture with a Lincoln.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
     In this space we have a new Goodwin's Law, when that Pennsylvanian Slum Lords are brought up you must post a picture with a Lincoln.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Well, you have to consider the source regarding this article[/url, but it may answer my first question above:

IOW, those building violations called out in November, 2017 may have accumulated under the previous owner. And Kushner Cos. had had very little time to learn of and fix them. Funny, how NewSpeak left out this narrative-complicating information. FWIW, I found this by consulting W'pedia's article on Kushner Cos. and following a footnote, not the most sophisticated or obscure way of finding information.

2017 - 2019  That would mean Kushner would have had 2 years to repair.  He's a slumlord.  There is NO excuse.  This isn't the first article describing Jared's ownership of rundown dwellings.  Same situation in NY. 

He should be nowhere near the oval office.  His business partner is Soros.  Jared and his brother accepted $$ from Soros to start up Cadre -- business is now estimated to be appx. worth $99.9 million -- it was reincorporated as a Delaware-based entity, RealCadre LLC.

Also he's involved in 'deals' with the Saudi's.  The guy is a complete snake.  Jared is a detriment to our government and society.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We got 'im now!®
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nice try, counselor, but in your eagerness to convict my client you cleared him.  If there were no violations prior to 2017 it proves Kushner was running the place correctly.  His absence caused the problems.  Here's what you wrote: 

Thanks again, counselor.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
2017 - 2019  That would mean Kushner would have had 2 years to repair.  He's a slumlord.  There is NO excuse.  This isn't the first article describing Jared's ownership of rundown dwellings.  Same situation in NY. 

He should be nowhere near the oval office.  His business partner is Soros.  Jared and his brother accepted $$ from Soros to start up Cadre -- business is now estimated to be appx. worth $99.9 million -- it was reincorporated as a Delaware-based entity, RealCadre LLC.

Also he's involved in 'deals' with the Saudi's.  The guy is a complete snake.  Jared is a detriment to our government and society.

I don't know if he's a bad guy or not, but we didn't elect him, he has always been a democrat, and he shouldn't be anywhere near the WH, IMHO.

Offline Absalom

--------------------------
Indeed and the family slum-lord reputation is at least 50 years old!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Speaking of @Frank Cannon he hasn't graced us with one of his posts in quite a long time.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online corbe

@libertybele as I recall, the aforementioned got into a pizzing contest with the Management here.
   It's obvious, now, who had the bigger bladder.

Obligatory

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.