Author Topic: Rush: Trump Going After Cummings Is What Pushback Looks Like  (Read 433 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump Going After Cummings Is What Pushback Looks Like

Jul 29, 2019

RUSH: Yeah, yeah, I’ve been telling people, this is what pushback looks like. Ever since Trump was elected, ever since he was inaugurated and began serving, this is what pushback looks like. And it was always going to be filled with friction. It was always going to be filled with controversy, and it always will be. It’s not gonna die down, at least not in the immediate future.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Trump and Elijah Cummings. This is what pushback is. This was always what it was gonna look like. If there were ever a Republican with the guts to actually call these people out, we have that now. Donald Trump. What Donald Trump said about Elijah Cummings, what Donald Trump said about Baltimore, he’s not the first!

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Baltimore, under the leadership of Elijah Cummings, has the worst Crime Statistics in the Nation. 25 years of all talk, no action! So tired of listening to the same old Bull...Next, Reverend Al will show up to complain & protest. Nothing will get done for the people in need. Sad!

He’s not the first. Baltimore has said it. The Baltimore Sun has said it. Reporters in Baltimore have said it. It’s not a big mystery. Trump was right on the money, and everybody knows that he was right. What’s different is that this just doesn’t happen. Democrat politicians just do not get criticized. Democrat African-American politicians are especially immune.

You don’t dare criticize them. You don’t dare call attention to their failures. You don’t dare call attention to their hypocrisy or any of that because all manner of hell will be unleashed on you. But Donald Trump is sitting there fed up.

This Russia thing, which was never anything, is still going. Nadler and Schiff will not give it up. They continue to lie. They continue to lie that his election was illegitimate because he cheated with Russia. Then they claim he obstructed justice. They won’t let this go away. All the while they call Donald Trump every name in the book: a racist, a bigot, a homophobe.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Crazy Bernie Sanders recently equated the City of Baltimore to a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY! Based on that statement, I assume that Bernie must now be labeled a Racist, just as a Republican would if he used that term and standard! The fact is, Baltimore can be brought back, maybe......
7:46 AM - Jul 29, 2019

Now that he’s president, become a conservative Republican, he is enemy number one. And they’re lying about him, and it’s been going on for two and a half years. And he’s fed up with it. And he’s pushing back on it. And never once did he call anybody a racist in the process. Never once did he blame racism for any problem in Baltimore. Never once did he call Elijah Cummings a racist, but comes and goes can come along and call anybody a racist he wants and so can Pelosi and so can the media. And they do. And we’re all fed up it.

It’s gotten so common now that Cory Booker had to come out the other day and say Trump is worse than a racist because just being called a racist has been so watered down now because it’s so common and so frequent. Even Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called Pelosi a racist the other day. Anyway, Trump has had it. He’s fed up with it. And the straw that broke the camel’s back was attacking his Homeland Security guy over the false claims of how kids are being treated at the border.

So Trump said to hell with that. Trump knows what’s going on in Baltimore. He reads the Baltimore Sun. He knows all this. Fix your own neighborhood before you start telling me how I’m messing ours up. You guys are presiding over — Los Angeles. The Democrats run Los Angeles. The homeless problem there. Baltimore is rat infested. It’s vermin infested, and it’s not Trump who said so. It’s local Baltimore media and others that have been writing about it for years. I’ve got the stories from the archives that I’m gonna share with you when we get back.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, many of the Democrats are in Italy. They are in Venice right now, including Pelosi and Elijah Cummings. And my best intel says that they are at the Hotel Danieli. You ever been to Venice? Well, if you’re not careful you can run into a lot of vermin in Venice as well. I mean, it’s right there on the water. But that’s where they are doing whatever they’re doing on their vacation.

But I will guarantee you they’re sitting around and I’m sure they have multiple reactions. One of their first reactions, “Oh, wow, this is great. Trump has really stepped in it.” Like David Axelrod’s first reaction, “If Trump loses in 2020, this is why.” And then some anchor at CNN started crying on air when he heard about this, and I think that Alisyn Camerota did too.

In truth, do you know what this is? This is Trump treating Elijah Cummings like everybody else. (paraphrasing) “Okay, Mr. Cummings, you’re gonna come up and you’re gonna rip my cabinet to shreds personally, you’re gonna try to ruin these people personally, and you’re gonna try to do it to me?”

These lies about how kids are being treated at the border, that they’re in cages, that they’re separated from their families and that Trump purposely is exacerbating the circumstances so that the word will spread how bad it is and nobody else will try to get here. Nothing could be further from the truth. That’s not who we are. Democrats talk about our values. That’s not who we are. We don’t do that.

Cortez has called these detention centers concentration camps. You put yourself in Trump’s shoes. And I’m surprised that he hasn’t reached his limit before this. But this was the last straw, and there was no racism whatsoever. The idea that you can’t criticize an African-American politician without being a racist is something that we’ve gotta nip in the bud. Because as long as there are politicians affecting public policy, they are subject to criticism no matter.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/07/29/trump-going-after-cummings-is-what-pushback-looks-like/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34