Author Topic: WaPo: House Dems grudgingly admit Mueller stunt backfired — big time  (Read 383 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WaPo: House Dems grudgingly admit Mueller stunt backfired — big time

Ed MorrisseyPosted at 9:21 am on July 26, 2019

At long last, consensus. Even after it became plainly apparent that Robert Mueller’s testimony displayed an unsettling lack of familiarity with the report and actually set back Democrats’ arguments about its meaning, some people insisted that nearly everyone had somehow witnessed a major breakthrough. Renato Mariotti spent an entire Politico column rewriting The Lego Movie’s “Everything Is Awesome” in an attempt to salvage Wednesday’s debacle.

By late yesterday, even House Democrats had thrown in the towel, although readers have to traverse through several paragraphs of this Washington Post article to find it out. Among the most disappointed were the Democrats on the very committees that demanded to hear from Mueller, who now claim they were “blindsided”:

more
https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2019/07/26/wapo-house-dems-grudgingly-admit-mueller-stunt-backfired-big-time/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Quote from: The Article
    A Washington Post-ABC News poll earlier this month found 59 percent of Americans said the House should not begin impeachment proceedings, slightly higher than earlier this year when support ranged from 54 percent to 56 percent. Only 49 percent of Democrats “strongly” support impeachment, while 83 percent of Republicans “strongly” oppose beginning impeachment.

As has been seen in other town halls in recent months, these Democrats are more likely to be asked why they haven’t moved any significant legislative items more than they will be about impeachment. The recess might just as well be a dismissal bell for impeachment hopes.

49% is still a significant number of Rat Voters demanding Impeachment, and the Rat politicians are likely to still push Impeachment in their Primaries to get those votes.  They are not likely to look ahead to their General Elections in this environment.  Bottom line:  The Mueller Game is still going to be played through the 2020 Election, especially in the "safe seats." 

If nothing new turns in the so-called case against against Trump, I think he'll win and the Rats will lose the House.  Republicans will have a bit of a battle in the Senate, because of the math.  They have twice as many seats to defend. 

Bring on the flames....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Bill Cipher

49% is still a significant number of Rat Voters demanding Impeachment, and the Rat politicians are likely to still push Impeachment in their Primaries to get those votes.  They are not likely to look ahead to their General Elections in this environment.  Bottom line:  The Mueller Game is still going to be played through the 2020 Election, especially in the "safe seats." 

If nothing new turns in the so-called case against against Trump, I think he'll win and the Rats will lose the House.  Republicans will have a bit of a battle in the Senate, because of the math.  They have twice as many seats to defend. 

Bring on the flames....

FLAMES!!!

How’s that?

Actually, that’s not a half bad forecast. I tend to be a little less optimistic than you, but i do think the Mueller hearings hurt the democrats, and if they keep the impeachment shit up without significant new, and adverse, evidence, they will suffer for it in the elections.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FLAMES!!!

How’s that?

Actually, that’s not a half bad forecast. I tend to be a little less optimistic than you, but i do think the Mueller hearings hurt the democrats, and if they keep the impeachment shit up without significant new, and adverse, evidence, they will suffer for it in the elections.

Exactly.  The more the Rats push Mueller now, the more it looks like the entire endeavor was a put-up job from the start, with the goal no more complicated than to stop Trump from fulfilling his promises.  The parable of the Tar Baby comes to mind.  The Rats are stuck with it now.  I'd bet today this redounds to their detriment, but a lot can still happen in the next year and a quarter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Bill Cipher

Exactly.  The more the Rats push Mueller now, the more it looks like the entire endeavor was a put-up job from the start, with the goal no more complicated than to stop Trump from fulfilling his promises.  The parable of the Tar Baby comes to mind.  The Rats are stuck with it now.  I'd bet today this redounds to their detriment, but a lot can still happen in the next year and a quarter.

To my view, the more they push it, the more it becomes clear that they are only interested in wasting time playing petty games of partisan politics and not grappling with the issues they promised to deal with when they were elected. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
To my view, the more they push it, the more it becomes clear that they are only interested in wasting time playing petty games of partisan politics and not grappling with the issues they promised to deal with when they were elected.

That's fine with the ones who campaigned in '18 on the promise of impeaching Trump.  Not so much the "moderates" who prevailed in Trump-won Districts.
I will NOT comply.