Author Topic: Axios: ‘Not a Single’ Demographic Trend ‘Favors Republicans’ in Elections  (Read 865 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't call it unconstitutional.  Sect 2 of Am 14, specifically uses "person" for representation, and separately uses "citizen" for penalizing states for interfering with voting rights.  To me, that makes a clear distinction between "person" and "citizen", and specifies that representatives are NOT based only on citizens.  Which sucks, but it's what it says, IMO.
I seriously doubt that the Founders would have anticipated that a signatory to the Compact that is the US Constitution would have such contempt for the laws of the land as to willingly and openly accept a large enough population of persons here in violation of our laws as to affect the balance of representation for the rest of us.

With that in mind, how about an Amendment allowing the rest of us to kick a State out?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Axios is a source to take with a grain of salt I think... we will see.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I seriously doubt that the Founders would have anticipated that a signatory to the Compact that is the US Constitution would have such contempt for the laws of the land as to willingly and openly accept a large enough population of persons here in violation of our laws as to affect the balance of representation for the rest of us.

With that in mind, how about an Amendment allowing the rest of us to kick a State out?

My understanding is that we really didn't have an immigration policy at the time, so the distinction was really citizen vs person (with grey area for free/non-free and excluding "Indians not taxed").  It seems clear to me that the language was meant to include (almost) all "persons" for representation, not just "citizens".  I'd really like to see that changed.

As far as them not anticipating that a signatory to the Compact that is the US Constitution would have such contempt for the laws of the land ... while they themselves were committing acts of treason.  I think they could probably relate.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
If 2016 taught us anything, it is that polls are inaccurate.  I believe going into election day, Clinton was expected to win by 7%.  That did not happen.

All the data regarding Obama and 2008, his election as president did not evaluate the novelty factor.  After suffering through the Obama years, people are smarter today,  Gone are all those people that thought 'it was time we elect a black man president, with that being a reason to vote for anyone.'  I heard countless people say this, including many white women.

The following is what Biden commented the day he announced his candidacy to run:

Jan. 31, 2007

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

— Joe Biden, describing fellow candidate Barack Obama. The remark was made the same day Biden filed the official paperwork to launch his presidential campaign

When HR Clinton ran, I think she counted on that novelty vote, but there were far fewer folks saying we should vote for her because she was a woman versus what happened with Obama.

So, while the demographics continue to move to higher numbers of hispanics, we as a society cannot trust polls from media sources, or even groups like Pew, who is funded by George Soros. 

Another study I thought revealing was that 2nd generation hispanics are highly conservative.  So the desire of the Dems to flood the country with hispanics will have negative consequences over time.  I do not trust the media to be honest with polls.

Bottomline: its the money stupid.  People do not care that Trump may be a man whore, they only care about results.  Particularly financial results.  2020 will be a landslide for Trump, not as big as it was for Reagan, but it will be a larger victory for Trump than 2016.

My desire is that he would campaign hard for the people voting to elect voting majorities in both houses.  Imagine what could be done if he had voting majorities in both houses of Congress?

Another factor that impacts voters is the collapse of Democommie bastions.  California is looking 3rd world with their homeless.  Chicago is becoming an embarrassment as a killing field. Large numbers of young people are dying because of opiates.  Much of that is coming across the open border.  People are tired of the bullsh*t coming from the Democommies. 

Minority demographics will be more woke than ever, and I expect minorities to vote in huge numbers for Trump, no matter who the Dem candidate is.  But you can count on polls portraying Trump losing right up to election day.

And last but not least, Trump's brilliance of elevating the Anarchist Four as the marquee for Dems and painting them as the new leadership of the Democommie Party.  This will not end until election, and they are too dumb to understand they are being played.  These four kill many Dems in Nov, 2020, and send them down to defeat from Congress.

Thank God for AOC.  Her not so brilliant Green New Deal should be used to bury the entire Democommie Party.  Virtually everyone in the clown car have supported the GND.  Talk about the kiss of death.

Offline Right Reason

The 'Country Club' Party has to break that image, get in the trenches with ordinary folks who get dirty when they work, and can't afford to get snooty, ever, much less to be painted as 'racist', or it is going to lose.

Good article, pointing out that a lot of today's Republican politicians don't get who their base is, and frankly some don't even like their base (middle class, lower middle class, blue collar). 

"The problem I have is that my party, the Republican Party, hasn’t quite figured out that we basically inherited a big chunk of the old FDR coalition the middle of the country—working and middle class blue-collar folks—sort of people who work, pay their taxes send their kids to the military. That’s increasingly the base of the Republican Party. But the Republican donor elites are actually not aligned with those folks in a lot of ways. So there is this really big mismatch, big picture within the Republican Party."

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/14/republican-party-base-voters-vance/
Never before in our country's history has a generation been so empowered, so wealthy, so privileged - and yet so empty.

Offline dfwgator

You have the point. The only prayer the pubbies have is to appeal to the common factors among us all who just want to keep more of what we earn, make a decent living, provide for our families, and have reasonably secure homes.

The 'Country Club' Party has to break that image, get in the trenches with ordinary folks who get dirty when they work, and can't afford to get snooty, ever, much less to be painted as 'racist', or it is going to lose.

Reagan got them,  then the Bushies gave them back.

Offline Victoria33

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
One has to get more of the black vote, even 5 MORE percentage points will do... and the same thing goes with Hispanics. Just seek their vote. It's the only thing that will really work.

Tell, ask them, "aren't things better now?"

Bingo!    The GOP, it seems,  never even bothers to appeal to black voters.   It's no surprise, then,  that so few vote Republican.      Here,  I give credit to Trump, who points out again and again that unemployment rates for black (as well as Hispanic) Americans are at all-time lows.   Blacks, like everyone else,  want jobs and prosperity,  and here the GOP's opportunity platform can reap dividends,  so long as the GOP also makes an effort to extend the other thing blacks quite rightly insist upon - respect.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
They never do, and yet ......   :laugh:

That's because demographics is NOT destiny!    That's what those obsessed with identity politics want you to believe,  but a successful GOP will understand that what voters want from government policy are those things that benefit them as individuals -  peace, prosperity, jobs, the ability to keep more of what one earns and opportunity to succeed on a level playing field.   
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:44:41 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

You have the point. The only prayer the pubbies have is to appeal to the common factors among us all who just want to keep more of what we earn, make a decent living, provide for our families, and have reasonably secure homes.

I think Trump’s attracted more support from demographics that normally vote democrat than any other republican in recent time. 2020 is gonna surprise a lot of folks with how popular Trump is.

I see Trump as being blue collar in terms of his upbringing and his work ethic. Many people see him as a patriot who loves America more than his own company. In fact, running for president hit Trump financially pretty hard. Trump’s company lost around $1 billion since he came into office, but you never hear him bring that up or complain about it.

Offline aligncare

That's because demographics is NOT destiny!    That's what those obsessed with identity politics want you to believe,  but a successful GOP will understand that what voters want from government policy are those things benefits them as individuals -  peace, prosperity, jobs, the ability to keep more of what one earns and opportunity to succeed on a level playing field.

You just described the first 2 1/2 years of the Trump presidency.