Author Topic: Cummings: ‘I’m Begging the American People to Pay Attention’ — Our Democracy Is at Stake  (Read 4761 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 24 Jul 2019

Wednesday at a press conference on Capitol Hill, House Oversight Committee chairman Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) begged the American people to pay attention to the details in former special counsel Robert Mueller’s testimony before Congress.

Cummings said, “Our speaker made it clear that we needed to paint a picture for America so that they could fully understand what is going on. This is a critical moment in our country’s history. Don’t be fooled. And it is a moment which people will be talking about and reading about 300, 400, 500 years from now. They are going to ask the question, what did you do when we had a president who knew the rules and knew that our founding fathers had done a great job of creating a Constitution and had put in all the guardrails, but never anticipated that we would have a president that would just throw away the guardrails. And that’s why what happened today is so critical. It was a giant step in making sure that the American people got a picture of all of this and hopefully will look toward the future and say ‘we’re not going to have this.'”

He continued, “It’s not about not liking the president. It’s about loving democracy. It’s about loving our country. It’s about making a difference for generations yet unborn. That’s what this is all about. And I’m begging. I’m begging the American people to pay attention to what is going on because if you want to have a democracy intact for your children and your children’s children and generations yet unborn, we have got to guard this moment. This is our watch.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/24/cummings-im-begging-the-american-people-to-pay-attention-our-democracy-is-at-stake/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

What a bleep idiot. What history will remember 300 years from now is a political party that lost sight of its reason for being and tried to make a mountain out of a molehill for purely partisan purposes. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Someone PLEASE inform Mr. Cummings that we are NOT a stinking democracy!  We are a REPUBLIC and anyone who does not know the difference has no business in government!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
#walkaway

#blexit

Exerpts from the Meuller performance will inform thoughtfful folks, the democrats are inept, corrupt, etc.

Sadly instead of basic civics, our children are being indoctriated in nonsense, boys can become girls, that history is meaningless, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

[Whisper] Don't be telling Cummings that "I Hate Trump" is likely to be a losing campaign slogan and strategy. [/Whisper]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Someone PLEASE inform Mr. Cummings that we are NOT a stinking democracy!  We are a REPUBLIC and anyone who does not know the difference has no business in government!

That's true, and our Republic is in danger because of imbeciles like his voters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump slams Cummings as a 'brutal bully,' claims Baltimore district 'far worse' than southern border
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/454995-trump-slams-cummings-as-a-brutal-bully-claims-baltimore-district-far

Bad move, Mr. President.  You called his voters "deplorable."

(They are, but you can't call them that.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Night Hides Not

(They are, but you can't call them that.)

It's more to keep his base with him, in the aftermath of another disastrous budget deal. This will be SOP for the remainder of his term of office.

I was wrong...Trump's not the Mr. Thompson from Atlas Shrugged, he's The Deacon from Waterworld.

Nord: So which way we rowin'?

Deacon: I don't have a damn clue. Don't worry, they'll row for a month before they figure out I'm fakin' it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

Cummings said, “Our speaker made it clear that we needed to paint a picture for America so that they could fully understand what is going on.

In other words, he thinks I am too stupid to see it myself, and need the Democrats to explain it for me.

The arrogance and condescension of the Left is so insulting.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
David Axelrod slams Trump attack on Cummings: If he 'loses in 2020, this will be why'
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/455010-david-axelrod-slams-trump-attacks-on-cummings-baltimore-if-he-loses-in-2020

I rarely agree with Axelrod, but I have to agree Trump shot himself in the foot here, for the reason I stated upthread:  He called the voters deplorable.
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Elijah Cummings responds to Trump swipe at his 'rat and rodent infested' Maryland district
by Daniel Chaitin
 | July 27, 2019 11:24 AM

Rep. Elijah Cummings unleashed a flurry of tweets in response to a social media salvo from President Trump over his criticism of the border situation.

After Trump claimed Cummings' Baltimore-based district in Maryland was "more dangerous" than the U.S.-Mexico border, the Democratic leader defended his record of working for his constituents.

"Mr. President, I go home to my district daily. Each morning, I wake up, and I go and fight for my neighbors. It is my constitutional duty to conduct oversight of the Executive Branch. But, it is my moral duty to fight for my constituents," Cummings said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/elijah-cummings-responds-to-trumps-swipe-at-his-rat-and-rodent-infested-maryland-district
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Baltimore mayor blasts Trump for 'vicious' tweets: 'You are a disappointment' to my city

by Hunter Lovell
 | July 27, 2019 04:58 PM

Baltimore Mayor Bernard Young blasted President Trump for his comments Saturday morning that Rep. Elijah Cummings' is a "brutal bully" and that his Baltimore-based district is "far worse" than the southern border.

"It's completely unacceptable for the political leader of our country to denigrate a vibrant American City like Baltimore, and to viciously attack U.S. Representative Elijah Cummings a patriot and a hero," Young said in a statement.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/baltimore-mayor-blasts-trump-for-vicious-tweets-you-are-a-disappointment-to-my-city
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The question:

Is Baltimore, a shirt hole, or not?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Oh, man.  Trump may have just lost several of the couple dozen supporters he had in Baltimore.  I guess MD's 10EV are off the table now.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Where did the President do this @Cyber Liberty

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!

4:24 AM - 27 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1155076476930338816

Donald J. Trump

Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA......

....As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place

4:14 AM - 27 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1155073965880172544 

Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump Retweeted Terrence K. Williams

Elijah Cummings spends all of his time trying to hurt innocent people through “Oversight.” He does NOTHING for his very poor, very dangerous and very badly run district! Take a look.... #BlacksForTrump2020

Terrence K. Williams
Verified accountï‚™ @w_terrence 

Trump is being called a Liar & Racist for saying West Baltimore is poorly ran by Democrats.

Well here is a video here is a video of West Baltimore and according ......

Video at link: 

https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1155168907654774784

2:35 PM - 27 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1155230324374343688

Offline cato potatoe

Say what you will about Trump, but he has definitely been to Baltimore.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
If the American people were paying attention, Cummings and his corrupt ilk who enrich themselves at the public trough would be out of office and in prison. Our republic is at stake.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Say what you will about Trump, but he has definitely been to Baltimore.

Yes, but he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, considering he’s supposedly a builder. The homes in West Baltimore are full of asbestos and lead paint. The cost of demolition and clean up isn’t worth the rebuilding effort.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Yes, but he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, considering he’s supposedly a builder. The homes in West Baltimore are full of asbestos and lead paint. The cost of demolition and clean up isn’t worth the rebuilding effort.

You think he hasn't figured out how to pay off an inspector?  What do you think he did with all the money he saved screwing his contractors?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The question:

Is Baltimore, a shirt hole, or not?

Complete and total.  Furthermore, any Republican not named Hogan has a better chance of shaking hands with Jesus, than ever grabbing Maryland's electoral college votes.

We have complete zipcodes in Montgomery County that would literally become ghost towns if the illegals were flushed.  Not an exaggeration.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Complete and total.  Furthermore, any Republican not named Hogan has a better chance of shaking hands with Jesus, than ever grabbing Maryland's electoral college votes.

We have complete zipcodes in Montgomery County that would literally become ghost towns if the illegals were flushed.  Not an exaggeration.

Was wondering where you were  happy77 .... thanks for the first hand information @DCPatriot