Author Topic: Rush: America Reacts to the Mueller Hearings  (Read 383 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: America Reacts to the Mueller Hearings
« on: July 24, 2019, 06:18:08 pm »

America Reacts to the Mueller Hearings

Jul 24, 2019

RUSH: I want to start on the phones in Hershey, Pennsylvania, with Carryn. Welcome, and it’s great to have you here with us. Hi.

CALLER: Well, you don’t know how great it is to be with you. I was watching these hearings all morning at church, and I listened intently, and when I came home, I tell you what: I was so discouraged about, “Wow, maybe he is guilty.” But I thought, “I gotta get home, turn Rush Limbaugh on, and hear the truth.” I’m so glad I did! You made it really sound sensible. (chuckles)

RUSH: I need to ask you a question, Carryn. Did you really…? You’re watching this today, and you really thought the Democrats had made the case and that Mueller was providing the agreement, the exclamation point that Trump was guilty of obstructing justice? You actually feared that that was the case watching this today?

CALLER: Not totally, but they kept bringing up, “Well, all these things he did,” and I thought, “I don’t believe he did all these things. I don’t believe these people said all these things about him.” But they just sounded so convincing. Although I will say that Mueller did seem kind of out of it.

RUSH: Let me give you a different context in which to judge what you saw this morning, ’cause I really do want to try to correct this.

CALLER: Okay.

RUSH: Because the bottom line, Carryn: The Democrats, again, have tried to make a case out of something that didn’t happen. They tried to do exactly what you said happened. You thought that they had created a new reality here where the president’s guilty, but you knew watching today the president hadn’t been charged.

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: He was not guilty collusion. You knew what the reported says.

RUSH: You’re watching this. So they had this task. They wanted to take a set of circumstances and act as though the president’s guilty and the only reason nothing can be done about is because he’s sitting in office, when he didn’t do anything.

RUSH: Now, you hear all these stories in the questions today. (sputtering) “Uh, Mr. Mueller, did Don McGahn want…? Did Trump tell McGahn to fire you and — and — and McGahn wouldn’t do it? So Trump wanted to fire you, right? And — and — and McGahn refused?” It must have been five different questions, and you heard that.

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH:Well, let me give you a different context. Imagine, Carryn, that you’re Donald Trump. You’re sitting there in the Oval Office, and for 2-1/2 years you’ve had to put up with this garbage that you cheated, that you’re a traitor, that you stole the election, that you colluded with one of America’s enemies. And you know that you didn’t!

RUSH: You know that this is all bogus!

RUSH: You know this is all political!

RUSH: Wouldn’t you be hell-bent to prove it? Wouldn’t you be hell-bent to try to make people find out he didn’t do it, that this didn’t happen?

CALLER: Right. (crosstalk)

RUSH: And so you’re sitting in there and you’re watching this go on, and there’s nothing you can do about it other than execute your constitutional duties and fire these people, but he knows that’s not gonna stop the investigation.

RUSH: So you’ve gotta understand the sheer frustration. Imagine it’s you! Imagine you, Carryn, in Hershey, Pennsylvania —

CALLER: Mmm-hmm.

RUSH: — are being charged with being a traitor, except you know you didn’t do it. Are you just gonna sit there peacefully and trust that things are gonna work out, or you gonna be agitated and angry about it?

CALLER: Well, you know what? That’s one of the things I love about our president, because he fights back, and they don’t like the tweets he puts out there. But you know what he’s thinking! I mean, you know he’s sincere.

RUSH: Bingo.

CALLER: You know he’s not speaking politically correct, and I just love him, and I praise God for you and I am just in love with him.

RUSH: Well —

CALLER: I would love to meet him and just throw my arms around him and give him a hug.

RUSH: Well, I guarantee you if you ever did meet him, Carryn, you would be thrilled because he would be exactly what you want him to be. There are no airs. There’s no phoniness. He’d be the genuine guy you know. If you met Trump, you would not have the reaction, “Gee, who’s this guy? I don’t know this guy.” You would be eminently pleased, and this is the greatest compliment I can give a famous person or celebrity: If you meet ’em, if they’re exactly what you hope they are. They’re genuine and so forth. That would be your reaction when you do meet Trump. I appreciate your thoughts. I’m glad I was able to talk you off the ledge. Glad you tuned in here to have that happen. I want to get one more in before the hour ends.

Columbus, Ohio, next with Evan. Welcome. Great to have you here with us.

CALLER: Rush, it’s an honor to speak to the golden-throated Rush Limbaugh.

RUSH: Thank you, sir. Thank you very much.

CALLER: Rush, I gotta tell you, I am so glad these hearings happened because it’s the last breath of a dying animal. I think after these hearings Trump will be soaring on princely wings. I think we also have to examine the fact that they could have had this at any moment, and I think they’re trying to play two sides of it because it’s happening in the summer. So if something comes about, they’ll have their sound bites. If not, there’s minimal viewership because it’s happening during the summer and people are —

RUSH: Oh, no. Wait a minute. No, no. They’re hoping to create the viewership. Oh, they hope this is watched by record numbers. That’s what this is all about. They’re choosing summer when supposedly nothing else is going on. Remember the Watergate hearings happened in the summer, and the Democrats think this is Watergate come again. They chose this time where it’s a downtime and everything on TV ostensibly is reruns. Of course, they don’t know that there aren’t any reruns on Netflix or streaming. There’s nothing…

There’s never a boring time on TV anymore, unless it’s network TV where they do occasionally do some reruns or run these B, C, off-primetime series just to burn ’em. No, this was… They’re trying to create the biggest audience that they possibly can for this, and they’re still hoping. The Schiff committee hearings are just now beginning, and I guarantee you — I guarantee you — they’re gonna rework it so that Mueller only has to answer yes or no this afternoon. Every question from the Democrats gonna be a leading question. “Yes” or “no” is all he’ll say,

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/07/24/america-reacts-to-the-mueller-hearings-2/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34