Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Mueller testifies before Congress  (Read 4982 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: LIVE THREAD: Mueller testifies before Congress
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2019, 07:00:21 pm »
At the end of the day there was no collusion...no underlying crime...ergo...there was nothing for Trump...McGahn or anyone else to obstruct.  People are trying to hang a mythical charge on Trump for something that never happened.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2019, 07:01:13 pm »
traitor tot....very clever..did you think that up all by yourself?
I paid tens of thousands of dollars to my focus group for that one.

« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2019, 07:03:56 pm »
Well … I see this is now the Once-Ler thread.

Damn --- can't waste time with that.   :bolt:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2019, 07:06:37 pm »
Philip Klein
@philipaklein
 Â· 4m
Wow, Mueller was just asked about "no collusion" and he struggled to remember what word the report used instead, trying to find it in the report. That was pretty brutal to watch.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2019, 07:07:08 pm »
I’ve read those sections.  It’s not “serious”, it’s debatable.  Mueller may believe some of the more esoteric theories of obstruction he bandied about in the report, but some are untested and all rely on chains of inference from circumstantial evidence.

Then there is the bottom line fact that justice was not, in fact, obstructed, which means you have at most attempted obstruction, which is a very thin reed on which to hang anything, let alone a sitting president. 

The democrats, in my view, went looking for smoking guns and hot, expended shell casings, and found only a bunch of dust bunnies; gnarly, nasty dust bunnies, to be sure, but not smoking guns.

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1
·
2h
Mucarsel-Powell: "Simply attempting to obstruct justice can be a crime, correct?"

Mueller: "Yes."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2019, 07:07:49 pm »
Mollie
@MZHemingway
·
17m
Russia meddles and has for 100 years. And Mueller just said they're doing it right now. Why don't people wonder if Russian interference helped Democrats make their huge gains 2018, I wonder? Just kind of interesting that some act like they took a two-year respite.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2019, 07:08:48 pm »
David French
@DavidAFrench
·
4h
At this point it seems abundantly clear that Mueller did not bring any further charges regarding Russian interference because there was insufficient evidence of such crimes.

It's just as clear that he didn't bring obstruction charges because of the OLC opinion only.
Support the USO

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2019, 07:10:02 pm »
·
2h
Mucarsel-Powell: "Simply attempting to obstruct justice can be a crime, correct?"

Did you have an opinion you would care to share or just here trolling for the bad guys?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2019, 07:10:53 pm »
Liz Wheeler
@Liz_Wheeler
5 biggest takeaways from Mueller's testimony:

1. Robert Mueller has zero credibility, he doesn't know what's in his own report. (How do you not know what's in your own report?!)
12:22 PM · Jul 24, 2019·Twitter Web App
 Retweets
@Liz_Wheeler
·
1h
Replying to
@Liz_Wheeler
2. Mueller didn't investigate the ORIGINS of the Trump/Russia collusion allegations (i.e. the Steele dossier). How do you make a judgment about allegations when you refuse to look at the source of the allegation?
Liz Wheeler
@Liz_Wheeler
·
1h
3. Mueller said his report doesn't exonerate Trump on obstruction... but the role of a prosecutor IS NOT TO EXONERATE. Everybody enjoys the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Mueller's words betray that he is biased & abused his role as a prosecutor.
Liz Wheeler
@Liz_Wheeler
·
1h
4. Mueller said “my investigation was never curtailed, stopped, or hindered at any time.” HE WAS NOT OBSTRUCTED.
Liz Wheeler
@Liz_Wheeler
·
1h
5. No collusion, no conspiracy, no proof of obstruction. Oh wait... we already knew this. Big winner in today's hearings was @realDonaldTrump
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2019, 07:11:12 pm »
Did you have an opinion you would care to share or just here trolling for the bad guys?

That was a rhetorical question, right? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2019, 07:11:53 pm »
Why that Democrat shill is still posting here is beyond me but I can't do a thing about it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2019, 07:12:07 pm »
·
2h

If you have an opinion state it...stop trolling this thread..
Support the USO

Bill Cipher

« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2019, 07:13:10 pm »
·
2h

Of course.  And if there was unequivocal evidence of that, the report would have mentioned it.  There is no such evidence, there is simply circumstantial evidence from which that conclusion might be drawn, but that evidence would also support the conclusion that Trump did not attempt to obstruct justice as well. 

In short, there is less evidence that Trump tried to obstruct justice than there was evidence that Clinton tried to obstruct justice with his perjured statements.  Need I remind you that the GOP suffered for that silly impeachment.

« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2019, 07:17:06 pm »
Patrick@TrickFreee
·
6m
I'm not sure if today being #MuellerDay and #NationalTequilaDay is a coincidence or not, but I'm here for it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2019, 07:17:56 pm »
Liz Wheeler
@Liz_Wheeler
5 biggest takeaways from Mueller's testimony:

1. Robert Mueller has zero credibility, he doesn't know what's in his own report. (How do you not know what's in your own report?!)
12:22 PM · Jul 24, 2019·Twitter Web App
 Retweets
@Liz_Wheeler
·
1h
Replying to
@Liz_Wheeler
2. Mueller didn't investigate the ORIGINS of the Trump/Russia collusion allegations (i.e. the Steele dossier). How do you make a judgment about allegations when you refuse to look at the source of the allegation?
Liz Wheeler
@Liz_Wheeler
·
1h
3. Mueller said his report doesn't exonerate Trump on obstruction... but the role of a prosecutor IS NOT TO EXONERATE. Everybody enjoys the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Mueller's words betray that he is biased & abused his role as a prosecutor.
Liz Wheeler
@Liz_Wheeler
·
1h
4. Mueller said “my investigation was never curtailed, stopped, or hindered at any time.” HE WAS NOT OBSTRUCTED.
Liz Wheeler
@Liz_Wheeler
·
1h
5. No collusion, no conspiracy, no proof of obstruction. Oh wait... we already knew this. Big winner in today's hearings was @realDonaldTrump

Great summation.

« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2019, 07:20:12 pm »
I'm sorry.  I didn't know quoting tweets was trolling.  I thought I saw someone else doing it.

« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2019, 07:22:12 pm »
You guys are having an understandably hard time today.  I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2019, 07:22:37 pm »
I'm sorry.  I didn't know quoting tweets was trolling.  I thought I saw someone else doing it.

Oh, please.  You're doing a Mueller here.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2019, 07:30:09 pm »

He’s just lining up behind the Dem talking points.  He will give us his opinion after they figure out how to make the lemonade out of this crapshow.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2019, 07:32:17 pm »
Man, I've heard a lot of sanctimonious crap before....

but that closing statement from shiff was really something.....

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2019, 07:33:03 pm »

Opinion
Will Hurd wins the award for best Mueller questions
by Tom Rogan
 | July 24, 2019 03:23 PM

Rep. Will Hurd, R-Texas, on Wednesday asked the best questions thus far of any member of Congress to former special counsel Robert Mueller.

Hurd didn't focus on scoring political points, or attempting to impugn Mueller's character, or seeking damaging new information on Trump administration officials. Instead, Hurd focused on an area of real possibility: getting Mueller's testimony on threats to American democracy and on how we can better protect against those threats.

Hurd, a former CIA officer, asked Mueller whether he believed the threat posed by Russian active measures and disinformation continued to pose a serious civil society threat. Mueller answered in the affirmative. While Hurd was unable to get more information from Mueller on how best to address the threat, he did raise a critical issue.

Namely, that there is no one person managing U.S. efforts to protect our election infrastructure from hostile foreign infiltration. Considering Russian targeting efforts in 2016 and 2018, and similar (fortunately failed) Chinese efforts against Australia in 2019, this failure of protective leadership is inexcusable. Hurd deserves credit for using his time to address it.

Where most other members of Congress used Wednesday's hearing as an opportunity to mobilize their most partisan bases, Hurd put the country and his constituents first.

Well done, sir.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/will-hurd-wins-the-award-for-best-robert-mueller-hearing-questions
Support the USO

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2019, 07:35:08 pm »
Why that Democrat shill is still posting here is beyond me but I can't do a thing about it.

:amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2019, 07:35:39 pm »
Opinion
Will Hurd wins the award for best Mueller questions
by Tom Rogan
 | July 24, 2019 03:23 PM

Rep. Will Hurd, R-Texas, on Wednesday asked the best questions thus far of any member of Congress to former special counsel Robert Mueller.

Hurd didn't focus on scoring political points, or attempting to impugn Mueller's character, or seeking damaging new information on Trump administration officials. Instead, Hurd focused on an area of real possibility: getting Mueller's testimony on threats to American democracy and on how we can better protect against those threats.

Hurd, a former CIA officer, asked Mueller whether he believed the threat posed by Russian active measures and disinformation continued to pose a serious civil society threat. Mueller answered in the affirmative. While Hurd was unable to get more information from Mueller on how best to address the threat, he did raise a critical issue.

Namely, that there is no one person managing U.S. efforts to protect our election infrastructure from hostile foreign infiltration. Considering Russian targeting efforts in 2016 and 2018, and similar (fortunately failed) Chinese efforts against Australia in 2019, this failure of protective leadership is inexcusable. Hurd deserves credit for using his time to address it.

Where most other members of Congress used Wednesday's hearing as an opportunity to mobilize their most partisan bases, Hurd put the country and his constituents first.

Well done, sir.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/will-hurd-wins-the-award-for-best-robert-mueller-hearing-questions

Not really.  All he did was prop up a red herring.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2019, 07:38:02 pm »
Let's not forget too that the only thing Mueller was supposed to investigate was the collusion issue.  There was no collusion.  Volume II was written for Nadler and their ilk because it was red meat for the Dems. Obstruction never was the purpose for Mueller's investigation.

Volume II of this report is a 200 page political op-ed with no basis in in legal fact or case law.

Exactly. Barr implied as much when he denigrated volume II and its questionable legal theory and he was being kind. The allegations of obstruction were on very thin legal ice.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2019, 07:42:33 pm »
Not really.  All he did was prop up a red herring.

Will Hurd is as worthless as his buddy Robert Francis.