Author Topic: Adam Schiff urges Mueller to reject Justice Department limits on testimony  (Read 194 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Adam Schiff urges Mueller to reject Justice Department limits on testimony
Washington Times, Jul 23, 2019, Victor Morton

The top Democrat on the House intelligence committee has asked former special counsel Robert Mueller to ignore Justice Department efforts to limit his testimony.

NBC News reported Tuesday evening, 12 hours before the hearing was to start, that Rep. Adam Schiff of California had sent a letter to Mr. Mueller asking him to reject those limits.

On Monday, Associate Deputy Attorney General Bradley Weinsheimer had sent a note to Mr. Mueller telling him not to stray beyond the four corners of his already-released report in his testimony.

Any decisions Mr. Mueller made, or information he uncovered, that he didn’t include in his report will be out of bounds for the hearing, he wrote.

Mr. Schiff’s letter, a copy of which was posted to Twitter by NBC News, asks Mr. Mueller to reject that advice.

“The Committee likewise expects that the untenable position the Department has staked out with regard to executive privilege will have no impact on your testimony,” he wrote.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=7.0

This makes me feel better about the DOJ instructions to Mueller @DCPatriot   We'll see in a few hours .....  happy77

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This makes me feel better about the DOJ instructions to Mueller @DCPatriot   We'll see in a few hours .....  happy77

@Right_in_Virginia    :laugh:

This SOB...Mueller...should have been picked up by a SWAT team of FBI agents at 4AM this morning, while still wearing his robe.

He shouldn't have anybody there sitting next to him, essentially buffering the questions asked.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline rustynail

Less than a hour left in the Trump Presidency?

@Right_in_Virginia    :laugh:

This SOB...Mueller...should have been picked up by a SWAT team of FBI agents at 4AM this morning, while still wearing his robe.

He shouldn't have anybody there sitting next to him, essentially buffering the questions asked.

I so agree @DCPatriot  .... But I can wait a little longer for this IF today's hearings completely shred Schiff's credibility --- at least for the normals in America and CNN loses its last two viewers. 

I am also holding out hope the Barr's DOJ is moving forward behind the scenes, without leaks, with investigations into the origins of the coup attempt ....

Less than a hour left in the Trump Presidency?

Oops, you forgot the sarcasm tag. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They've gone completely rogue.