Author Topic: Anna Wintour dodges question on Melania Trump's fashion: Michelle Obama 'is the example that I admir  (Read 919 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Anna Wintour dodges question on Melania Trump's fashion: Michelle Obama 'is the example that I admire'
By Aris Folley - 07/23/19 04:30 PM EDT

Legendary Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour sidestepped a question about first lady Melania Trump’s fashion choices in a recent interview to offer praise to Michelle Obama, saying the former first lady is “the example that I admire.”

In an interview on "The Economist asks” podcast over the weekend, host Anne McElvoy pressed Wintour about what she thought of the current first lady’s style decisions during the Trumps' recent state visit to the United Kingdom.

“She did come to the UK and I think very consciously wanted to see herself as an ambassador for British fashion in this case or transatlantic ambassador,” McElvoy said of Trump's style during the visit. “Do you value that?”

“Well, I think first lady Michelle Obama really was so incredible in every decision she made about fashion," Wintour responded. "She supported young American designers. She supported designers from all over the world. She was the best ambassador that this country could possibly have in many ways, obviously, beyond fashion."

“But she’s not the first lady now. So what about the one you’ve got now?” McElvoy said.

“To me, she is the example that I admire,” Wintour said, referencing Obama.

McElvoy then asked Wintour if she would give fashion advice to President Trump if he were to call, to which the editor responded: "I think he's unlikely to call."

At another point in the interview, Wintour was asked why Melania Trump hasn’t been asked to appear on the cover of Vogue since becoming first lady, and whether it’s been a conscious decision for the Vogue to “lift up the portrayal of Democratic women.”

“I think it’s important for Vogue to support women who are leading change in this country,” Wintour said.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/454382-anna-wintour-pivots-to-michelle-obama-when-asked-about-melania
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

“Well, I think first lady Michelle Obama really was so incredible in every decision she made about fashion," Wintour responded.

I've seen Michelle Obama's "fashion choices" and many of them were quite hard on the eyes, maybe even hideous in a few cases.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The Emperor's New Clothes.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online rustynail

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Talk about a hostile interviewee.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've seen Michelle Obama's "fashion choices" and many of them were quite hard on the eyes, maybe even hideous in a few cases.

Like mother, like daughter.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The fashion of Anna Wintour
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Oh come on, we all know the boob belt look is iconic, right up there with Jackie's pillbox hat.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:41:57 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

July 22, 2019
Anna Wintour Declines to Acknowledge That Melania Is First Lady
By Hannah Gold

Some trends are cyclical, while others never appear to go out of style. First Ladies, being serial, don’t abide by this formula, but perhaps given Anna Wintour’s recent comments it’s time to reconsider.

During a recent interview for The Economist’s podcast the storied Vogue editor politely (as is her fashion) declined to acknowledge that Melania Trump is our First Lady, preferring instead to insist that Michelle Obama still sort of is, in the sense that she’s the one Wintour almost certainly wishes were residing in the White House.

In a clip from the interview that went viral, The Economist’s Anne McElvoy asks Winter to comment on Melania’s wardrobe, pointing out that there is “something so visual about the Trumps” and positing that the First Lady is better dressed than her husband. To this, Wintour replied, “Well, I think First Lady Michelle Obama was really so incredible in every decision she made about fashion. She supported young American designers. She supported designers, indeed, from all over the world. She was the best ambassador this country could possibly have, in many ways, obviously way beyond fashion —”

McElvoy cut in here to persuade ever-so-gently, “But she’s not the First Lady now. What about the one you have now?”

“And for me, she is the example I admire,” continues Wintour, completely unmoved by The Economist’s entreaties. ... https://www.thecut.com/2019/07/anna-wintour-doesnt-acknowledge-melania-trump-is-first-lady.html

Offline goatprairie

Typical politically correct statement from a white liberal about a black liberal. I personally didn't give two pieces of fecal material about what Michelle wore.
But because she was the wife of a black liberal president, naturally all the fashion mags were going to fall all over themselves about how great her choices in clothes were.  Michelle could have worn burlap sacks, and the praise would have been the same.
"Nobody has worn burlap as well as  Michelle has" would have been coming out of their pieholes.

Offline mountaineer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So Anna’s “example” is a dude in women’s clothes?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So Anna’s “example” is a dude in women’s clothes?

Not just Anna.  All these Redbook types hate Melania Trump.  Probably the least deserving of scorn in the bunch.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

“Well, I think first lady Michelle Obama really was so incredible in every decision she made about fashion," Wintour responded.

And this, boys and girls, is why you shouldn't smoke crack.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And this, boys and girls, is why you shouldn't smoke crack.

Indeed.  I'll bet she saw God in that splat-painting the Obamas had hanging in their dining room in the White Hut.  Now, that's fashion!
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The fashion of Anna Wintour

Throw rugs, drapery, upholstery, tarps. Doesn't matter. Michelle is a pig.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Throw rugs, drapery, upholstery, tarps. Doesn't matter. Michelle is a pig.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Two of my favorites ...

At the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony:

Boarding Air Force One for New York:

The prosecution rests.  :laugh:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I wonder if the elitist lefties like Wintour understand how much their attitudes lead people to increase their support for Trump even if they don't always agree with him.  There's a good chunk of me that wants to support Trump as a giant "FU" to all those elitist who believe that the opinions of lesser folk shouldn't count.  I want him to win just because I so detest those people, and want to piss them off.  Again.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I wonder if the elitist lefties like Wintour understand how much their attitudes lead people to increase their support for Trump even if they don't always agree with him.  There's a good chunk of me that wants to support Trump as a giant "FU" to all those elitist who believe that the opinions of lesser folk shouldn't count.  I want him to win just because I so detest those people, and want to piss them off.  Again.

I doubt that they understand that aspect at all....  they pretty much live in bubbles...  it is difficult for them to even imagine that the masses don't agree with their "wisdom."  Many of them view themselves as "thought leaders" or the more current, "influencers," that are helping the masses to learn how they should think....  I don't believe that their egos allow them to consider the blowback....