Author Topic: Video shows Venezuela jet “aggressively shadowed” U.S. plane  (Read 351 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Video shows Venezuela jet “aggressively shadowed” U.S. plane
By  CBS News -  July 22, 2019

U.S. authorities said that a Venezuelan fighter jet “aggressively shadowed” an American intelligence plane flying in international airspace over the Caribbean, underscoring rising tensions between the two nations. The U.S. Southern Command said on Sunday that Venezuela’s action demonstrates “reckless” behavior by President Nicolás Maduro, whose government accused the U.S. plane of entering Venezuelan airspace.

U.S. authorities said their EP-3 plane was performing a multi-nationally approved mission on Friday and the Venezuelan SU-30 fighter jet closely trailed the plane, which the U.S. says endangered its crew. “The EP-3 aircraft was adhering to international standards and rules,” the U.S. Southern Command said in a statement.

The response by the Venezuelan fighter jet “undermines int’l rule of law & efforts to counter illicit trafficking,” U.S. authorities tweeted, providing video of what they said was the Russian-made jet.

Read more at: https://wdef.com/2019/07/22/video-shows-venezuela-jet-aggressively-shadowed-u-s-plane/

Another incident in the past 2 days.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I’d be very surprised if that aircraft had a Venezuelan pilot.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I’d be very surprised if that aircraft had a Venezuelan pilot.

I'm surprised they even had a jet they could get off the ground.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm surprised they even had a jet they could get off the ground.

I would be willing to bet they had aviators and maintenance crew as part of that recent Russian ‘technical assistance’ detachment.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
How many planes does the Venezuelan "air force" have?
Would be a shame if they lost them all... eh?

Offline PeteS in CA

How many planes does the Venezuelan "air force" have?
Would be a shame if they lost them all... eh?

They have around a dozen mid-80s vintage F-16As and a couple dozen of the Su-30s. They've probably had difficulty getting parts for the F-16s due to a parts embargo, so the number of mission-capable and -ready is uncertain. They've operated Su-30s for over 10 years, so they may actually be manned by Venezuelans. The Su-30 supposedly is similar to the F-15E - multi-role, 2-seater - but its speed is closer to an F-18 (~.5 mach slower than an Eagle). IOW, hypothetically, one Nimitz class carrier could bury the VAF, or an F-35 air group on a Wasp class amphibious assault ship could out-match the VAF.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.