Author Topic: President Trump Seeks Pakistan's Help in Ending Afghan War  (Read 218 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

President Trump Seeks Pakistan's Help in Ending Afghan War
« on: July 23, 2019, 07:50:46 am »
https://time.com/5632115/trump-pakistans-ending-afghanistan-war/

(WASHINGTON) — President Donald Trump brought the leader of Pakistan to the White House on Monday to discuss a peace deal in neighboring Afghanistan, breezily declaring he could end the longest U.S. war in a week but doesn’t want to wipe the country “off the face of the earth.”

Afghanistan topped the agenda as Trump met with Prime Minister Imran Khan, with the president saying he hoped Pakistan would use its influence with the Taliban to advance a peace deal and help end the nearly two-decade old U.S. war.

But even as he talked up diplomacy and the prospects of peace, Trump claimed he could also easily win a war that began when the U.S. went after Osama bin Laden and his Taliban supporters following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

“I could win that war in a week. I just don’t want to kill 10 million people,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office. “If I wanted to win that war, Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the earth. It would be gone. It would be over, literally, in 10 days.”

If Trump says he doesn't want to kill 10 million people, you can be sure of one thing.  He dreams of killing 10 million people.  I'm just surprised he wants to do it all at once instead of one at a time.