Author Topic: Bob Beckel breaks confidentiality agreement, says Fox News termination was a set-up, threatens actio  (Read 506 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bob Beckel breaks confidentiality agreement, says Fox News termination was a set-up, threatens action
July 22, 2019 | Frieda Powers

Bob Beckel says his departure from Fox News wasn’t all it appeared to be.

The former Fox News contributor claimed over the weekend that his termination from Fox News in 2017 was actually orchestrated to get him out rather than the result of an insensitive remark he had allegedly made.

Beckel spoke about his firing on “The Weekend Report” on St. Louis-based KFTK 97.1 FM Saturday, acknowledging that he was violating his confidentiality agreement in doing so even though he had told producers ahead that he wouldn’t be able to answer questions about his termination due to legal reasons.

“I figured he wouldn’t be able to talk about it, you know,” TWR host Tony Colombo told The Daily Caller.

“And that’s what he told my producer, that for legal reasons he couldn’t say anything. But then just as we were wrapping up the show, I was saying thanks for coming on, and he said, ‘Can I just say one more thing?’ And then he said he knew he wasn’t allowed to talk about it but he didn’t care anymore,” Columbo explained.

more w/audio
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/07/22/bob-beckel-breaks-fox-news-confidentiality-agreement-says-termination-was-a-set-up-threatens-action-777209
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA

He also admitted he had just violated the terms of his exit contract with Fox News by making the remarks he had just spoken.

“I have broken that agreement, and that’s too bad,” he said.

NDA's come with a check.  I wonder if Bobo's going to be returning that. 

Offline Hoodat

Since when has a NDA ever stopped a Democrat?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I wonder what made him decide to take this risk and break the NDA?

There was a tweet by Erick Erickson this weekend talking about how he got marginalized at Fox during the last election because not everything that he said was glowing praise of Trump.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder what made him decide to take this risk and break the NDA?

There was a tweet by Erick Erickson this weekend talking about how he got marginalized at Fox during the last election because not everything that he said was glowing praise of Trump.

I would not have expected glowing praise of Trump from Beckel.  He was the unabashed liberal voice on The Five.  There was something else going on, and now that he violated the NDA, we may see FNC fill us in on what that is.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I would not have expected glowing praise of Trump from Beckel.  He was the unabashed liberal voice on The Five.  There was something else going on, and now that he violated the NDA, we may see FNC fill us in on what that is.   :shrug:

You're right.   There 'was' something going on with him.

He is an out-and-out LUSH!   ...thought part of his schtick was to shock the panel and audience with his profanity.  Looked and smelled like an unkempt slob.

On more than one occasion he was suspended by Human Resources.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yeah he makes James Carville look and sound like a rank amateur when it comes to crassness and blunt un-PC statements from a Lib.  It's gonna be interesting to see how FNC handles this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline berdie

Actually, when I watched The Five...Beckel cracked me up. I didn't agree with a thing that he said, but he was sure funny.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Beckel is generally too drunk to walk on his own. That's why they fired him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Beckel is generally too drunk to walk on his own. That's why they fired him.

That's kind of what I heard as well.  Serious alcohol issues.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Actually, when I watched The Five...Beckel cracked me up. I didn't agree with a thing that he said, but he was sure funny.
I also thought the 5 was far better with him than, say, Juan Williams whose shtick was limited to a phony shocked expression of disbelief whenever anyone implied that 0bama might be anything less than the all-knowing savior of the universe. 
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline berdie

I also thought the 5 was far better with him than, say, Juan Williams whose shtick was limited to a phony shocked expression of disbelief whenever anyone implied that 0bama might be anything less than the all-knowing savior of the universe.

I haven't watched The Five (or Fox for that matter) in a very long time.

Myself, I need some humor.  Juan Williams is not amusing in the least. Of course, my sense of humor is way off the wall.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I haven't watched The Five (or Fox for that matter) in a very long time.

Myself, I need some humor.  Juan Williams is not amusing in the least. Of course, my sense of humor is way off the wall.

The Five is better with Gutfeld and Watters on as regulars.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: