Author Topic: The Left’s Weaponization of Journalism  (Read 145 times)

Offline Hoodat

The Left’s Weaponization of Journalism
« on: July 22, 2019, 02:13:31 pm »
The Left’s Weaponization of Journalism

Natalie Winters   |   July 22, 2019

The media’s coverage of the Tacoma ICE facility shooting demonstrates why they deserve the “fake news” moniker.

“I regret that I will miss the rest of the revolution. Doing what I can to help defend my precious and wondrous people is an experience too rich to describe. I am Antifa,” wrote Willem Van Spronsen.

Given Van Spronsen’s unambiguous, self-proclaimed association with Antifa and his history of activism on behalf of the group, his motivation for attempting to carry out a violent, presumably murderous act against the staff at an immigrant detention facility in Tacoma, Washington was clear.

“I am Antifa” leaves little room for debate.

CNN, however, interprets these three incriminating words differently:

“The motive behind the armed man’s pre-dawn attack is unclear.”

Other establishment media outlets kept their coverage vague, omitting Van Spronsen’s well-documented connections to Antifa: The Washington Post entitled their report, “Armed man killed during attack on ICE detention center, police say”.

The New York Times wrote, “Man Attacking ICE Detention Center Is Fatally Shot by the Police”.  .  .  .

https://humanevents.com/2019/07/22/the-lefts-weaponization-of-journalism/

Journalism schools now generate propaganda artists who devote their careers pushing a leftist agenda.  'Journalism' as a profession is now dead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-