Author Topic: Members Thought of the Day  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Members Thought of the Day
« on: July 22, 2019, 01:03:03 am »
Telling a woman to calm down works about as well as trying to baptize a cat.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:13:35 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Members Thought of the Day
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 01:06:07 am »
Telling a woman to clam down works about as well as trying to baptist a cat.

I didn't know Baptists ate clams.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 01:08:12 am »
I didn't know Baptists ate clams.
I hate ewe.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 01:11:04 am »
I hate ewe.
Don't be sheepish, now.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 01:32:52 am »
You sheared me on two points.
Well, that's better than being fleeced. Or having the wool pulled over your eyes, for that matter.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 06:34:41 pm »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »
    Sheep have become LESS scared since you moved out of Texas.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 10:28:59 pm »
Telling a woman to calm down works about as well as trying to baptize a cat.

One time this woman I know needed a ride to pick up her psychiatric medication.
When we arrived, they didn't have it ready, and she started going off on them.
They told her to calm down, and she replied,
"Calm down? That's what I need the medication for!"
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao