Author Topic: Trump signs two-year budget deal  (Read 875 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump signs two-year budget deal
« on: August 02, 2019, 06:05:41 pm »

By Jordan Fabian - 08/02/19 01:43 PM EDT

President Trump on Friday signed a sweeping budget deal that increases federal spending and lifts the nation’s borrowing limit, the White House said.

The new law suspends the debt ceiling through July 2021, removing the threat of a default during the 2020 elections, and raises domestic and military spending by more than $320 billion compared to existing law over the next two fiscal years.

Trump signed the measure without fanfare at the White House one day after the Senate voted 67-28 to send it to his desk. The House last week passed the budget package by a vote of 284-149 before starting its August recess.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/455947-trump-signs-two-year-budget-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Trump signs two-year budget deal
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 06:34:22 pm »
By Jordan Fabian - 08/02/19 01:43 PM EDT

President Trump on Friday signed a sweeping budget deal that increases federal spending and lifts the nation’s borrowing limit, the White House said.

The new law suspends the debt ceiling through July 2021, removing the threat of a default during the 2020 elections, and raises domestic and military spending by more than $320 billion compared to existing law over the next two fiscal years.

Trump signed the measure without fanfare at the White House one day after the Senate voted 67-28 to send it to his desk. The House last week passed the budget package by a vote of 284-149 before starting its August recess.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/455947-trump-signs-two-year-budget-deal

What, no fanfare? I'm shocked. By the time the 2020 elections roll around, the debt will be approaching $25 trillion. 

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 06:35:02 pm »
TADA! More winning.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 06:36:14 pm »
What, no fanfare? I'm shocked. By the time the 2020 elections roll around, the debt will be approaching $25 trillion.

Woohoo! Go big or go home, man... AmIRight?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 09:06:12 pm »
Woohoo! Go big or go home, man... AmIRight?

Waiting for Trump supporters to weigh in. Predictably, it will run along the lines of "Trump was forced into signing it. He did the best he could."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 09:15:37 pm »
Waiting for Trump supporters to weigh in. Predictably, it will run along the lines of "Trump was forced into signing it. He did the best he could."

I doubt they will show up. It's indefensible.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 01:44:59 pm »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 02:07:05 am »

Nowhere to be seen.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 06:15:04 am »

Hilary would have been worser.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 06:49:27 am »
Hilary would have been worser.

Oh, I see... So we're really saving money. Whew. What a relief!  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 06:58:38 am »
Oh, I see... So we're really saving money. Whew. What a relief!  *****rollingeyes*****

Heck yes we're saving money.  Why spend our own when we can just borrow from the grandkids?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 07:20:46 am »
Heck yes we're saving money.  Why spend our own when we can just borrow from the grandkids?

Them little good-for-nothin's anyway. Ain't a damn one of em have a job. That'll teach em!