Author Topic: Election security to take back seat at Mueller hearing  (Read 185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Election security to take back seat at Mueller hearing
« on: July 21, 2019, 11:18:12 pm »
By Maggie Miller - 07/21/19 06:51 PM EDT

This week’s much-anticipated hearing with former special counsel Robert Mueller promises to be full of high political drama. But election security -- a key focus of the Mueller report -- isn’t likely to garner much attention from lawmakers.

Mueller is scheduled to testify before the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees in back-to-back hearings Wednesday to discuss the findings of his 448-page report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

The first volume of the report was devoted to Russian efforts to interfere in the elections through social media and hacking operations, with Mueller later emphasizing in rare public remarks that election security is an issue that “deserves the attention of every American.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/453968-election-security-to-take-back-seat-at-mueller-hearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Election security to take back seat at Mueller hearing
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 12:05:36 am »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

You know I followed that.  This is not about messing with voting machines - they are not connected to the internet - they are just dumb counting machines.  Only way to change them is to have one's hands on them and they are locked up until taken to the poling place by sheriff's deputies.  The judge/alternate judge of another party, check each machine before they are in service that morning.  Russia did not try to mess with machines, because they can't.  I will have to explain this again in detail in 2020 as wrong information gets on the net every time there is an election.

Every state has election laws that dictate how elections are held.  They don't just decide to have an election and try to figure out how to do it.  Your state has these laws and if you put in search: 
  "(your state) election laws" it will take you to your legislature laws.  Likely all the laws for everything in your state will come up.  If that happens, search there for "election laws" and they will come up.  Put "voting machines" in search, there are your laws how voting machines are put in service.  You can also buy the Election Law Book for your state.  How about that?  You would have all the election laws for your state.  The Texas one is about 550 pages.  Tell your significant other you want the Election Law book for your state as a Christmas present.

What Russia did is use social media to try to get voters to dump Clinton, that was proved.

I believe I read Russia tried to get state voter lists from a state's Secretary of State's office, Election Division.  That is no big deal.  Anyone can go to a county voter registrar and pay for the list and get it.  I had to do that until the State Party put it on the net and gave me a code word to get it.  A person not working for the party (as I was doing) can't get it like I did, but can buy it from the individual  counties.

If they tried to mess up the State Voter list on the state's computer system, they have more than one copy, and if all of them were gone, it is easily reconstituted by counties sending their copies of which they have more than one.

I did read evidence of Russia operatives calling voters asking for money to pay for something which would be used against Clinton.

I feel sure every Secretary of State (by federal law they are responsible for the state voter list) has multiple hazards to prevent any person or country getting to their lists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Election security to take back seat at Mueller hearing
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 01:20:42 am »
It's going to be nice to stop talking about the President's racism and get back to his Obstruction of Justice.  Racism isn't against the law and is harder to prove impeachable.