Author Topic: Missouri hires a director of ‘operational excellence,’ pays him $110,000 per year  (Read 773 times)

Offline mountaineer

Missouri hires a director of ‘operational excellence,’ pays him $110,000 per year
By Jack Suntrup
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
 2 hrs ago
JEFFERSON CITY — The state of Missouri has hired a “director of operational excellence” to oversee a business-style revamp of state government operations.

Greg Robb, who had worked for Johnson & Johnson and Harley-Davidson, started as director on Jan. 28. His salary: $110,000 per year, which is more money than the treasurer, auditor and secretary of state earn in their elected positions.

“The State of Missouri needed this position to help develop and coordinate statewide operational excellence and process improvement capabilities, which support departments in continuously improving the efficiency and quality of their services,” Brittany Ruess, spokeswoman for the Office of Administration, told the Post-Dispatch in an email.  ...

Robb also works closely with state Chief Operating Officer Drew Erdmann. Like Robb, Erdmann came to Missouri from the private sector and accepted a job that never before existed. Erdmann makes $126,250 per year.   ...
Full story at St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Well, there's $236, 250 that could have been spent on road maintenance.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Reminds me of Obama and his "czars."

But to be fair I think every state and local government has positions that do nothing, but the people in them make big bucks.  At the expense of the taxpayers, of course.

Offline rustynail

pays him $110,000 per year...Excellent!

Offline mountaineer

But to be fair I think every state and local government has positions that do nothing, but the people in them make big bucks.  At the expense of the taxpayers, of course.
Exactly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org