Author Topic: Rep. Chip Roy: The House has four speakers, and none are named Nancy Pelosi  (Read 169 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Chip Roy: The House has four speakers, and none are named Nancy Pelosi
by Rep. Chip Roy
 | July 19, 2019 11:29 AM

On Jan. 3, Nancy Pelosi presided over my swearing-in ceremony. With my hand on the Holy Bible surrounded by my wife and children, I thought I was standing next to the progressive hero, the Democrats’ top tactician, and the speaker of the House. I was dead wrong.

Now I know there isn’t just one speaker, there are four. The self-proclaimed “squad,” Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, and Ayanna Pressley run the show in the People’s House. They’ve flanked Pelosi from the Left and stolen her mantle as the leader of the so-called progressives.

Pelosi’s fall from grace has been a slow trickle. Before the 116th Congress even gaveled in for the first legislative session, it was blatantly obvious Pelosi didn’t have control of her conference, nor the group that would soon become the de-facto leaders of Democratic Party in the House.

House Democrats launched a campaign to undermine her bid for speaker. It was almost successful, too. Only after she privately lobbied Ocasio-Cortez and acquiesced to demands she support a term limits deal on the speakership was Pelosi able to narrowly evade massive embarrassment. At least, she thought.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/rep-chip-roy-the-house-has-four-speakers-and-none-are-named-nancy-pelosi
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34