Author Topic: What’s The Difference Between Ilhan Omar and Piers Morgan?  (Read 204 times)

Offline Hoodat

What’s The Difference Between Ilhan Omar and Piers Morgan?

By Raheem Kassam     |     July 18, 2019

“It’s vile. It’s hateful. It’s anti-American!”

Some of the common refrains following the “send her back!” chant at President Trump’s rally in North Carolina last night.

The seemingly extemporaneous audience demand about Rep Ilhan Omar (D-MN) drew rage and ire from the political establishment, and even many on the right. I’ll confess, I gasped when I heard it live.

Because “send them back” is perhaps the most uncharitable thing any American, or Westerner, has been taught they can express about immigrants and immigration as a whole. We are asked to believe it is a literal negation of our Western values, and in America, also a repudiation of one of the pillars of the American founding.  .  .  .

~snip~

“Send them back,” to the Trump crowd doesn’t mean the same thing it meant to Brian Potter’s patrons in Phoenix Nights.

It doesn’t mean, “we don’t like blacks, or brown people”. How do I know?

Piers Morgan. That’s how I know.

Piers Morgan – maybe one of the least ethnically foreign people Britain could send – moved to the United States in 2010 in order to take over CNN’s Larry King show. He was monumentally unpopular across the political spectrum.

Vanity Fair‘s James Wolcott was quick out of the blocks in 2011 with an article entitled How Did We Get Stuck With Piers Morgan?

He says in the piece: “Many questions torment America in its dark night of the soul, questions more urgently pressing, and yet it must be asked: How did we get stuck with Piers Morgan? Who is he, why is he here, is he returnable?”

“Racist,” if said of Ilhan Omar, I’m sure.

Wolcott concludes: “…Piers is in a piss storm of woe over the phone hacking scandal that may make CNN wish they could fold him into an airmail envelope and mail him back to whence he came… If we can’t send him back to Britain, is there someplace else we can send him?”

“Vile”, if said of Rashida Tlaib.

But not of Dr. Sebastian Gorka, mind you. He was the subject of a deportation investigation led by Democrat Senator Dick Durbin. Remember how the left treats an immigrant like Melania Trump, too.

Because to the media and the chattering classes, these people aren’t just public figures like Morgan. They’re DIFFERENT.

https://humanevents.com/2019/07/18/whats-the-difference-between-ilhan-omar-and-piers-morgan/

So Dick Durbin actually tried to get Sebastian Gorka deported even though he is a US ciitizen.  Yet Trump is the bad guy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: What’s The Difference Between Ilhan Omar and Piers Morgan?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 03:07:25 am »
What’s The Difference Between Ilhan Omar and Piers Morgan?

Too easy.  Ilhan Omar is an elected Congresswoman.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: What’s The Difference Between Ilhan Omar and Piers Morgan?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 02:02:59 pm »
Over the past couple of years, Morgan has been critical of Dems and agreed with Trump on some stuff as well. He's also anti-gun. Lots to PO everyone at some point. But there is quite a canyon between him and Ilhan Omar.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.