Author Topic: PAUL OF PERSIA: Rand Paul Emerges as President Trump’s New Peacekeeping Force in Iran (Updates)  (Read 414 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

PAUL OF PERSIA: Rand Paul Emerges as President Trump’s New Peacekeeping Force in Iran

Published  Jul 17, 2019 By Shane Trejo

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) recently proposed to President Donald Trump that he should take a larger role in negotiating with Iran during a golf outing, a notion that Trump apparently supports, in order to prevent another endless war from starting in the Middle East.

Paul wants to sit down with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif in order to ease tensions with the Islamic Republic, which has been confirmed by four U.S. officials according to Politico. This news has enraged the neocon war hawks in the Trump administration, who want a wedge to remain between the two nations preventing any talks.

Zarif is in New York City this week for meetings at the headquarters of the United Nations. He is scheduled to meet with several journalists and think-tank officials, but a meeting with the junior Kentucky Senator may also be in order. Zarif made it clear in recent statements that Iran is not opposed to engaging the the U.S. in peace talks.

Read More At: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/paul-of-persia-rand-paul-emerges-as-president-trumps-new-peacekeeping-force-in-iran/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:32:14 am by TomSea »

Offline LegalAmerican

Rand Paul  needs to STFU....He thinks he is the president.  Azzhole all he does is try to show up the president. SOUR GRAPES RINO.  LOATHE THAT MAN...with the rest of the dirty dozen. Always telling OTHERS what they should do.   
-----------------------

Offline thackney

Rand Paul  needs to STFU....He thinks he is the president.  Azzhole all he does is try to show up the president. SOUR GRAPES RINO.  LOATHE THAT MAN...with the rest of the dirty dozen. Always telling OTHERS what they should do.   
-----------------------

From the article:

...Paul has praised Trump’s ability to avoid conflict with Iran even with the various pressures of the military-industrial complex trying to goad him into another regime change war.

“It really takes a statesman to show restraint amidst a chorus of voices for war,” Paul said to Fox News’ Martha MacCallum....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

President Trump signed off this weekend on a proposal from Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) for him to serve as a liaison to Iran to try to reduce skyrocketing tensions between Washington and Tehran.

Paul proposed sitting down with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif during a golf outing with Trump this past weekend, four U.S. officials told Politico. The meeting’s goal would be to discuss with Zarif on the president’s behalf the potential to calm an escalating situation between the U.S. and Iran.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/453516-trump-agrees-to-let-rand-paul-meet-with-iran-in
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Paul is a terrible choice, because he is an isolationist. To effectively negotiate, you need someone with credibility, when it comes to the potential use of force.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump says he didn't tap Rand Paul to serve as envoy in talks with Iran

President Trump on Thursday disputed that he asked Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) to serve as an emissary to Iran following a report that he signed off on the senator's request to help smooth tensions.

“No I don’t know anything about that other than I have spoken to Sen. Paul, and Sen. Paul is somebody I have a very good relationship with,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office.

“And I would listen to him, but I didn’t appoint him, no,” he continued. “No he’s somebody I listen to, and I respect Sen. Paul and if he had some ideas I would listen.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/453746-trump-says-he-didnt-tap-rand-paul-to-serve-as-envoy-in-talks-with

This sounds similar to how Rubio is able to give advice over Venezuela but certainly does not run the show.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:31:11 am by TomSea »